1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Landscaping+Snow Plowing Insurances

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by AmericanPlower, Dec 5, 2011.

1. AmericanPlower

AmericanPlower Junior Member

Hey, I am from New Jersey and with the past "slip and fall" claims of snow plowing it is so difficult to obtain Insurance for my company for Landscaping and Snow Plowing...Ins. Companies are not writing both....does anybody know of a company in New Jersey that can supply both Insurances? Thanks..
  2. snobama

snobama Member

try Mills Insurance Group.
  3. AmericanPlower

AmericanPlower Junior Member

Thanks a lot man.. ill try them...its been a headache
  4. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

Why would you want one company for both policies? If both are under one company and you have a slip and fall claim against you, it would affect your company's insurance cost across the board. I was actually advised of that by an insurance broker in NJ.
  5. 78Craft

78Craft Junior Member

It will affect you either way is my guess. It is much less expensive to have one policy with both listed. If you are the only employee you may only need to have the more expensive of the two listed
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, i just called them a few days ago. I think we're changing insurance agents because we need one that just knows the business and although we've been covered... in the last year with one walmart account, we suddenly had 5 slip and falls that all were paid out by our Peerless insurance :/

Heres their info too, and theyll need the following..
    1. 5 year loss run history
    2. All policies declarations pages
    3. List of drivers (name, DOB, drivers license number)
    4. Tax id number
    5. A copy of your snow contract

Jamie Naurath
    Office: 609-268-2302 x105
    Cell: 609-760-0495
    Fax: 609-268-2120
  7. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

We use Jamie also
  8. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Do they offer insurance in other states