1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Landini Alpine 65 w/pull type blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BlackIrish, Mar 25, 2008.

1. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Gotta keep up with the Jones's, and with our winter 420cm/168" the tractor/blower makes to much sense. A 2005 alpine 65 w/450 hrs and a 75" meteor pull type blower. Its a 4cyl turbo/Perkins with wet clutch shuttle shift. Anyone got any opinions or experience to share about this particular unit? The idea is to do approx 125 resi's w/it , all sites same area a 20 min drive end to end by truck on resi streets. If anyone has a used local value $$, I'd like to hear em. :sleeping:

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey Paul, how many HP is that one. I have owned Landini's in the past. They are inexpensive, but high maintenance. Never heard of that type of blower. Got any pics.

3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Hey Paul , I've pm'd ya.:waving: I realize that I didn't take one picture it was friggin cold and windy . Its a 65 hp shuttle shift , 4 cyl turbo perkins, the meteor is made by walco equipment. Google both , there are site pics. I realize its not a TV140 with a switchable $16K blower but............... payup

4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

How expensive is high maintenance for 250-400 hrs a winter ? snowing as I type, another 2-4cm by morning.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Landini's are an off brand, low resale value and high maintenance. 250-400hrs is alot to me. You want something reliable that doesn't break. Down time will kill your buisness. Buy red, blue, green or orange. I don't mean landini blue either. Just my opinion. Check into parts availability, if you do consider it and how good the dealer is. Nothing like waiting on parts for a week, while it keeps snowing.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hay Dave, Got a question for you....Im looking into buying a Case JXU 110 with a loader on it, Seen one in newhamburg with 1500 hrs on it for 54K... it was in mint condition, I didnt think 1500 hrs was alot for a tractor but with you saying 400 is a lot, you got me thinking... Do you think this would be a good snowplow tractor 14-16' machinabilty sidewing plow up front.... But now the big question, where can a use this tractor in the summer... Do you know of any buddy who rents tractors in the summer for the busy season? sorry about somewhat hyjackin the thread, maby we can both learn from this one...

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I would not worry about 1500 hours, thats still very low for a ag tractor. 400 hrs is like new. If i'm not mistaken thats a 85HP tractor. I think that a 14-16' plow is to heavy, and to big for that tractor. I'm sure if you check with machinability they will tell you whats best suited for that tractor. I hope that helps.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to agree with Paul. I mean't 400 hrs/year is alot. I'd go with an MX120, there a heavier framed tractor and will run forever. A 12 ft is more suited for a 85 hp tractor but some guys get away with 14's. I would run a 12ft. JD has a much heavier front end then Case, we've never broke one. We've broken more front axles on Case tractors then I can remember. That's the main drawback of Case. JMO

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

ya that tractor is 98 HP with 85 pto HP.... WOW jd dave, breaking front axles like that dosent sound too good, expecially since this is going to be pretty much a loader only plow tractor.... thanks alot of the suggestions guys, any other comments would be greatly appreciated!