1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lamp Out Light Revisited

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ZR2plower, Jan 16, 2007.

1. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Does anyone know how to disconnect the little chime thingy that dings when the LAMP OUT light comes on? I don't know what is going on but sometimes my LO light will keep coming on and going off periodically like sometimes 5 or 6 times in a row! The dinging sound is driving me freakin' insane!!!! I plan on going through all my wiring but would like to have a way to kill the bell! Sometimes it won't act up for awhile and then on one driveway it will start up again and turning up the radio just doesn't cut it! Thanks for any help with this, Bill.

Of course I checked the obvious and all my lights are working with nothing flickering.

BTW, 2003 Dodge 2500 with a Boss RTIII Power-V.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Could'nt tell you, my does'nt chime when it comes on. It just comes on.

3. XtremeVman

XtremeVman Junior Member

Yeah, only my light just comes on thank god! I've got a break light out right now and theres no chime with it.

4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

can't say that I have seen the lamp out light yet, but the seat belt chime sure drives me nuts!!! lol

5. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I have had this oh so very anoying problem with my 03 3500. It will chime sometimes every 10 seconds for 10 minutes and then not do it again for 2 months. My mechanic thinks theres a loose connection to one of the lights but cant find the source. I would love to know how to disconect the chime when im having this problem!

6. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

I don't have a "bulb out chime," but every time I turn the brights on, one of the plow lights goes out. I have to turn off the brights and shut off the engine to get both lights to turn back on and for the "bulb out light" to go off. I don't know whats up.

7. SpruceLandscape

What year and make truck and plow do you have. I have had a crap load of problems with the lights in my late model dodge until I found out that the light kit was incomplete. If there is one misconnected wire or short with the harness to the headlights, it will throw the module on the computer into a fit! Thats why you have to turn the ignition off before it will reset. There is a TSB that was issued for some of the late model dodges related to the trailer harness (which will also cover your plow harness since that's essentially what it is when talking about the lights). Finally got all my issues straightened out, but after months of screwing around. You can find my thread on here entitled Problem with Turn Signals. I believe I posted it under the Boss Plow forum. Good luck!

8. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

is a TSB that was issued for some of the late model dodges related to the trailer harness (which will also cover your plow harness since that's essentially what it is when talking about the lights).

Thats crazy you mentioned the trailer harness, cause mine doesn't work either. I have an 05 2500, and it has seemed to have a few electical probs. with it. I just had to get the 4x4 indicator light fixed cause it wouldn't go on when I put it in 4x4. Also, the seatbelt indicator light wouldn't shut off even after putting it on. Oh ya, and the power door locks weren't working right either.

9. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

wow.....so many similarities. My power door locks didnt work unless I used the remote.....the 4x4 light no longer comes on. Last time my truck was at the dealer for another problem I asked them to correct these problems. The locks turned out to be a bad fuse.... the 4x4 light they said wasnt working because the truck had the wrong wiring harness in it. They insisted someone had changed the wiring harness in my truck although its never been touched. I decided to let the light stay not working as it wasnt worth the money they wanted to charge me for the "correct" wiring harness.

10. SpruceLandscape

I know the TSB covers 06 Rams,and the problem occurrs when you have a bulb go out on the trailer, or, if you have more than just brake lights, say running lights and so forth also hooked up. For some reason, dodge went to a smaller gauge wire, and to safeguard that wire from too much current trying to be drawn through it, there is a module that monitors and will shut down the circuit if it thinks there is a light out or a short somewhere. Once this happens, the only remedy is to take it to the dealer and have the module reset. Here is the catch... The module can only be reset or reflashed so many times (I've heard 5) before it would then have to be replaced. The TSB that came out involves reflashing the whole computer at the dealer and then the new program allows for a few more amps to be drawn over those circuits before the module trips again, effectively making it not as sensitive. That being said, check the fuses under the hood. I have a CTD, and im not sure if there is a difference with the HEMI, but I had a short in my trailer (before I ran into problems with my plow harness) that kept blowing out the fuse for trailer lights under the hood. Hope this helped, let me know if there is anything else I can do. Good luck. Chuck

11. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Ya, my fuses were getting blown from my trailer. Now my brake lights don't work at all. The running lights work though,and the electric brakes. I will prob. take my truck in this week to get the trailer harness fixed.