1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lamp out indicater

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgegmc1213, Dec 19, 2011.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

i have a 2004 dodge ram 2500..this pass week the light and the chime has been going off like crazy, my lights would be off sometimes on, all my lights work, it only goes off when im driving..i called my local dodge dealer they said that my computer isnt reading my plow harness and have 2 reprogram it so it can read it but i dont believe that..all my lights work on the truck and plow...any info will be appreciated thanks
  2. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I had the same thing happen in the spring, ended up being a rear tail/brake lamp, the filiment was weak and would contact sometimes and not others, same as you only happened when I was driving and seemed to do it all the time but when I checked the lights they always worked. Took me a couple days to get to the bottom of it, replaced the bulb and been fine since. I would just keep checking the lights, maybe even tap on the tail lights with you hands to giggle it...hope you find your issue!!!
  3. belton

belton Junior Member
    from midwest

4. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I had a problem with my 05's tail lights. the socket where the bulp plugged in was worn and corroded. While driving, my light out indicator would go on and off intermitently. replaced the socket and problem solved.
  5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I have had problems with the directional lights on my plow. Bad ground or weak filament will cause lamp out signal.
  6. clc2007

clc2007 Member

I had an 02 ram did the same thing! Replace the bulbs in the tail lamps and it will fix it.
  7. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

thanks for the info guys..i think i fixed it i hope, i cleaned all my connectors on my head lights and tail lights added some dielectric greae and found out my front marker lights had the wrong bulbs in them nd was starting to burn, i replaced those and replaced two tail light bulbs...so far so good