1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lake Tahoe's last 3-day storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Tahoe Workz, Mar 7, 2009.

1. We just received 7-8 feet of freshies at the top of the slopes!

(What ever you do, please don't plow this at home- we are trained professionals)... ha ha ha...

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I miss Lake Tahoe so much!!

I have been there during the summer a few times and the tail end of winter once. It was beautiful but nothing like those pics!!
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wow is right.:drinkup:
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Drooling for that much snow.

Ahh the memories of years past.
  5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

sweet pics thanks for sharing:drinkup:
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So what do you charge for the season ? Is it still 200.00?:rolleyes:
  7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

How fast doesone of those machines travel blowing and roading?
  8. You can have it all for just $19.95... No, average driveway is in the $700 neighborhood. Or I offer per-time which is around $45. Then, my will-calls start at $85. More of the photos are will-call jobs since they build up so much more than the ones I keep up with.

The machine I believe is 0-6 MPH in low gear blowing snow. And travel speeds in high range of up to 23MPH. I especially like the hydrostatic transmission where I only have to rock a foot pedal forward to go, back to reverse and depressed to stop. That saves so much time and effort.

9. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

awesome pics...great website you have there also.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

11. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Wow very impressive amount of snow. If we got that here I'm sure we could weed out the under cutters real fast.

Looking at the pic of the ski hill made me start to drool.
  12. Don't drool on the keyboard- you might short things out. And yes, these storms do separate the men from the low-ballers! We get huge storms almost every year so I know the phone will start ringing hard when the skies start dropping. Let 'em ring!
  13. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good Jeff..Keep at it and you can add the TV6070 for next year.
  14. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

awesome pics, nice machine.
  15. Would love to get my hands on one to play with for some of these will-call jobs. Just to see what it can do. Also, sitting up that high would be great for backing out of these driveways. It's a bit nerve-racking when the banks get this high in the MT5. I also need to get Snoquip to build a bigger XX so I wouldn't be compromising on my blower attachment. I've used the Pronovost models when I first started and I just feel these XX's have evolved.

All in all, we've had a very slow season as far as snowfall goes. Can you guess that from the pics? Couple that with all the extra competition we got from the crumbling economy which forced almost every building contractor and their brother into our line of work, and it isn't adding up to a good season for expanding. Ever since last year, I was even on my own with only one machine. This year we did add the second MT5 with a driver and that has worked out well. I have such a work load that it is impossible to keep up if a machine goes down with the backup plow. Knowing I have 2 machines running eases the stress a bit. 3 would be perfect.
  16. Thanks! I have been throwing that site together for a few years. I think it's at a good place now. These snow removal guys get a bunch of off time to mess with stuff like that. I have started a side job building sites here locally too. I have even built 3 snow removal sites for competitors here as well as the Snoquip site which is my equipment dealer! Living in this small town, it's great to have a relationship like that with the competition.

And the site drives all my advertisement. No phonebook or newspaper ads for me. They were delivering them in the middle of the driveway in white bags and we were all shredding them on accident under 2 feet of snow. "Great, there goes my ad." So I went all web besides the magnets on the machine.