1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lake snows north of syracuse

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawncare18, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Guys.. want to give you an update for who care to know.. oswego has been getting pounded .. already 60 inches since sun night.. calling for over 10 feet by fri night.. I am about 10 min from oswego and have only goten about 2 feet in the past few days.. these people are getting pounded.. I am gona try to makeit there and take some pictures.. from what ive been told its basicly just all pay loaders and trucks trucking it awya.. calling for 2 feet each night there this week.. anyone else getting snow like this?? I personaly am sick of snow.. and cant wate for spring.. money is money.. its the constant work and no time with your wife im getting sick of.. Anyone else delaing with a ton of snow.. I will send it to you guys who dont have any..

2. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Please send to,

Hamden, Connecticut

I will gladly take a few feet on your behalf:D As most of you know, most of the tristate area has only gotten about 2-3'' total.

3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

cleaning my clubs as we speak... i dont care if it ever snows.....fore!.....:help:

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

HOLY SH*T 10 friggin feet?????????????? that's insane!!!

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

WOW! 10 feet. I tell you some people love feet of snow, though I personally love to plow a 3"-6" snow storm at most. Anything more is just to stressful and long hours. I find these most profitable too.

6. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Wish that band would drop down here, or atleast make it over to Old Forge, I have a snowmobile trip planned the 14th.

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Forcast for today guys.. and im am not joking.. 12 to 24 today.. another 18 to 30 tongiht.. could be 4 more feet just today .. white out conditions.. plows off the road.. id half to say the national guard wil come help at sometime..

8. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

That is so awesome I am speechless and wish I was there to witness it , you are experiencing a historical event ! ! I wonder though , Maybe if Al Gore shows his mug out your way he can explain the snow away with his global warming theories :D

Pics of this storm would rock :drinkup:

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Just turn on the news, they all have reporters standing waist deep in it.

10. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

11. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Good point about the global warming. We had tons of chatter about it (even here), then Jan. took a turn, was colder then normal, and we heard nothing. Now 10' of snow predicted, were are the global warming folks at now?

Even the national weather service has a report of 77 inches on the ground and more to come.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=watertown+ny#PUB

12. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

That snow is wild,,pics rule.....I think I like it so much because it is not hitting my home town like that LOL...My step sister was born in the storm of 1966 and there was 5 feet dropped it took 5 town plows and a fire truck to get to the hospital that day ..

13. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

Well, everyone was crying for snow. Now everyone is complaining. Here in Cleveland we got measureable snow for 17 days straight in January. Went through 250 tons of salt in two weeks, no sleep and didn't see my wife or kids. Not complaining though, it put food on the table for them and a roof over their heads.

14. twodan

twodan Member

my main concern......

are the beer stores still open?

15. lumps

lumps Senior Member

hopefully so! i know when we got the freak 2' storm in october, the bars were pretty much the only places still open!

but anyway, this is killing me. i had been plowing in oswego for years. i just moved to buffalo, sold the plow truck, and now they get this! argh!!!!

16. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

GUYS I WILL WORK ON SOME PICTURES.. STATE OF EMERGENCY NOW.. SO BAD RATES OF 5 TO 6 INCHES AN HR THEY HAD TO PULL ALL PLOWS OFF THE ROADS IN MEXICO NY.. ONLY GONA GET WORSE CALLING FOR ANOHTER 18 PLUS JUST TONIGHT.. ILL GET PICTURES THIS WEEKEND HOPEFULLY. i AM ON THE OUTSKIRTS SO DONT HAVE IT AS BAD.. BUT CAN TELL YOU THE REPORTS I HEAR ARE VERY BAD..

17. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Lawncare is that you? I couldn't quite make it out through all that snow!:D Don't worry, we took a inch of that snow from you so it shouldn't be so bad:eek:

18. digit

digit Member

Yes this is crazy I have been keeping a close eye on the weather they were saying lake effect all week they were right but is about an hour and half away I wish I could pull it south.
    We have only plowed seven times so far the most was 4 inches the rest were 1-2 inches.
    I better stop whining that is better than nothing it just hurts seeing such huge amounts so close.

19. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

wow!!!!!!!
    that's a lot of snow:eek:

20. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just wait for the mess to come when it all melts!