1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lake effect

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bigearl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Lake Effect Rain Snow will be rolling off the lake soon!

424.jpg

424.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i hope they dont make it down here too soon. early november would be nice. what are temps like up there?

3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

It is in the high 40 to mid 50's

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We've had it off and on the last couple days as well. Supposed to get more today.

5. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I'm just outside Utica, and it's been pouring, glad it's not snow... -at least not yet!

6. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Same here, Typical lake efect rain like hell here 2 minute up the road nothing!

7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

its been raining all day. cold too. I must be crazy i got shorts on.....

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice Earl, i see my weather savey ways have rub off on you! Come November that will be all snow!:drinkup:

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Its classic lake effect for us around here. While mowing in between down pours, one street would be soaked and turn the corner and dry pavement! :dizzy:

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same here rain ans sun and cold. Started cutting a lawn get rained on by the time I finished stopped raining.

11. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Snow last night around tupper lake.

12. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Was up in Florence, NY around 10:00PM last night, had the first I've seen light coating of snow, -just enough to show a little white on vehicles. Had sleet this morning just north of Utica... Guess it's just a matter of time now!

13. storm king

storm king Member

Leaves are starting to change on time down here in Orange co. N.Y. not like last year .

The other day the thermometer outside the house said 39 when I got up.

Wish the lake effect made it down here , last year some of you guys upstate really got clobberd ,I think it was around Parish N.Y. they kept showing on the news getting hammered with snow , while we got hardly anything, LUCKY DOGS !

Mabey this year it will be better for us ....I hope. Thanks for keeping us posted on whats going on up north, starting to get that itchy feeling ...for SNOW.......
    STORM KING