1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lake effect here it comes.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawncare18, Jan 8, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Calling for 12 to 24 inches for my area.. north of syracuse.. I plan on sleeping tomm afternoon as I am sure it is going to be a long night out and into wens .. I vcant not wate.. only have been out once this year.. You other guys and buffalo guys ready to rock or what???

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

You guys up there in Buffalo always get the snow we were supposed to get here in Cleveland. Lucky bastards LOL. GIT 'R' DONE!!!!:Dpayup

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

good luck and be safe! thats alot of snow. Just as an FYI, you might a lot more money if you can figure out a way to sprinklt ir all over the midwest as well. Just a thought!

Stay safe!

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That what I was thinking:rolleyes: only not Cleavland, but New Hampshire!

5. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Lake Snow!!!

Looks like Rome and Watertown area are going to get hammered!!!! Good Luck guys, blow some down to Long Island.:waving:

6. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

We will see what happens.. gona be just north of syracuse and if it is a northeast its ogna be all my town getting hit all night...

7. pjw

pjw Junior Member

The Snow is on it`s way !!!

purplebou Fire-em up, gets some sleep, The lake effect machine is coming alive !!!
    North of the cuse today, Down in the cuse tomorrow. 6 to 10 tonite & again on Weds.
    Maybe things are going to start to turn arround. There`s alot of winter left, good luck & be safe..... Make some white gold...payup ...Think Snow...

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

here it comes.

Here comes the lake effect for N.E. Ohio.Another 2" today and 3-5 tonight. Let's hope it comes.payup

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I hope so.... only had a ~3" accumulation back in December here in Rome so far...

10. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

It has been snowing for like 45 minutes and the ground is already mostly covered...:redbounce

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Nothing here yet. I think the possibility of it snowing here is a lost cause:cry:

12. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

I just saw on TV there is a lake effect warning for Wayne & Wyoming counties.

13. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

4 to 8 tonihgt... 10 to 16 tomm some areas over 2 feet... its about 5 pm slept most of the day.. im ready... guy I work for called and told me tobe ready its about to get nasty tonight!!!!!!

14. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

What the hell. Send some here!!!!!!!

Im sick of not working, and I miss plowing.

15. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

you suck premierland jk, Webster is getting 1-3 or less

16. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Ill take anything. I'd love to push about 2-3" but mroe wouldnt hurt, and even a salting would be okay. But I'd love a few inches.

17. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

guys if your interested here is the best place to track the band.. www.wixt.com.. its gona be a big night day tomm!!!!

18. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Us "Buffalo" guys have nothing, not even dust to salt, but the guys 15 miles south & south east are getting nailed with Lake Effect.

19. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I got my lake effect snow last night. About an inch of very nice fluffy light snow. Not enough to strap the plow onto the front of the truck, but its sure was nice to see this morning.

I'm in Western MA, so for me to get lake effect snow, thats one hell of a weather system.

20. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Im near Lafayette, south of Syracuse. We got about an inch so far on the grass Less on pavement. It seems good to see white but to be honest I was getting used to the good weather. Getting new windows and doors put in residing the house and even painting. Looks like thats coming to an end for a while anyway.
    Ray