1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lake Effect East of Lake Ontario w/Pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Jdeerekid, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Jdeerekid

Jdeerekid Member

We have been getting hammered since about 10 this morning. They are estimating between 24-48inches by tomorrow afternoon. It is coming down between 3-5 inches an hour and adding up fast. We have had over 2ft already. Went out a opened up a couple driveways but as soon as they were opened they had a few inches in them so will go out in a little while and do them again and again and hopefully again:D. Here are a few pics will see if I can get a video later.

IMG_0534 [800x600].JPG

IMG_0535 [800x600].JPG

IMG_0537 [800x600].JPG

IMG_0538 [800x600].JPG

pic.jpg

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i wish i could live there

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

then u should pack up the bus and move away from jersey

4. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

I'm guessing that now isn't the best time for a weekend steelhead trip, huh? Probably have the river to myself, if I could get to it. :eek:

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Lake Effect In Pulaski!!

I got my wife to take some action shots, enjoy!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. Jdeerekid

Jdeerekid Member

Sure why not the water is still flowing:D

7. Jdeerekid

Jdeerekid Member

Hey new2chevy, where are you located? I am just down the road from tinker tavern off of rt11

8. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I thought they were going to be some different type of pictures.

its that your driveway or are you plowing commercially with a suburbanite?

9. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Some More

I had to stop plowing because I could no longer see behind me to back down my driveway. My rear defrost cannot keep up with the snow. It's still a whiteout!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  10. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Looks awesome fellas I"ll sit back and watch Be safe!

11. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

UH, I don't think she would let me post those..lol This is my driveway. I only do mine, my immediate neighbors and sometimes my parents. I live right in the village jdeerekid.

12. Jdeerekid

Jdeerekid Member

Well nice to meet ya neighbor. Hey if you or anyone you know need any snow pushed back let me know. I can use all the work I can get right now. I am going out again even though it hasn't let up yet. I know what ya mean about not being able to see out the windows to back up. My tractor cab stays warm but the windows fog up. with all the snow hitting the windows. Would be nice to have wipers on tside windows to.

13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Awesome thats all i can say.Be careful.

14. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

That is awesome. Looks like you guys will be busy for a few days

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Which model tractor is that?

I'm glad you are having fun. I don't see any fun in that much snow. For me it's a job.

16. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

awesome pics i guess i prob should call my cousin up in fort drum hes on plowing detail

17. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Watertown

My step-father works in Watertown, says it was sunny all day!

18. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

well i guess he's sleeping then LOL

19. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

jdeere kid , i knew we were due for it, i just finished and you cant tell i was doin anything, i cant see so i got out the blower, tommorrow is gonna be fun, i shoveled my roofs yesterday and my girls just came down from shoveling.

my asshat neighbor was blowing snow into the road as i drove by and hit is pile and took off my front valance. im gonna give him a hammer, ill stick it thru his windshield so he sees it.

i was gonna take pics but i doubt you would see anything, 2 miles away towards syracuse it was sunny. ill take pics tommorrow.

2 feet of snow comes over my quad after you push it a foot lol. good luck.

dealer is screwin me over on my sled it figures theres powder to ride lol

20. Jdeerekid

Jdeerekid Member

We definately have been getting alot of the white stuff. Lovin It:). I been out 5 times today and everytime I come back to do my driveway. I get done and it looks like it hasnt been touched. Tomorrow after get done plowing will start doing roofs. Mine are nice they are all metal and the stuff slides off pretty easy.

I ended up picking up 2 more accounts today and ended up pulling their car out of the end off one of thems drive way as they tried to pull into it and didnt make it.

As my father was coming home he said there was 22 cars off the road in between rt 13 and tinker tavern on rt 11. My aunt lives in just this side off central square and got nothing.

Well tomorrow will be a fun day after I get done cleaning my normal drives gonna drive to town to do a couple friends of mine and my fathers bosses drive. Might end up doing the parking lot for my fathers work also.

IMG_0540 [800x600].JPG

IMG_0539 [800x600].JPG