1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lake effect boys get ready

Discussion in 'Weather' started by tls22, Oct 30, 2007.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Hey all big cool down coming to the northeast, highs might not get out of the low 40's in NJ. But they are also expecting a big lake effect snow event, so get ready guys!:redbounce

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Where did you hear that?? What area??

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It will not happen:cry:
    The air out of Canada will be in the 40's and the lake temps have not dropped much.
    It will be a cold rain at best.

jmo;)

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Booooooooo! Bring on the SNOW! Just let me get the salt shakers going first.

I haven't even ordered salt yet! I am going to pick up a few pallets tommorow, just in case.

It seems like it's going to be a good year for us ohio guys, at least from what I have seen.

Come on SNOW! Bossman

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Maybe in a couple of weeks then let it snow. There is nothing worse than doing fall clean ups in 40 degree wet weather.

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

i just read on accuweather major pattern change next week and lake effect machines will be be on .

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah i heard it on accuweather, also the local guys are talking about it by me. I won't be surprise if someone is droping the blades this time next week.:bluebounc

8. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Had some ice pellets flying over this past weekend but it is still to warm, we might get some flurries thursday night but nothing toworry about. yest that is.. good thing the skidsteer is the only thing ready so fare

9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Just the ranudom flake or two around hear.

Present air temp is 45.5
    Bar, rising
    Sky, mostly cloudy
    Winds, W. at 23mph
    Over night lows in the mid 20's

The South shore or N.WI in to the U.P. may see some snow if this front passes by over night.

The temps with this front will warm up as they pass over the Lakes.
    I predict most of the precept to fall as rain or freezing rain over night..
    Possible Salt event , maybe...

The next front is too warm also.
    That is fine for right now at least we are in a wet pattern. The temps will fall this month.
    We should have plowable snow by thanksgiving.

Hey, why not give a prediction?
    The weather people can and their wrong .;) And they get to keep their jobs....

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

BRING IT!wesport

11. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Next week could be a 2 foot plus lake snows.. those lakes are very very very warm.. gona be bad when it comes.. still leaves on the trees gona take some guys by shock i think.. half to wate and see but by this time next friday i have a feeling plows will be runing like crazy

12. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

:D Dream big or don't dream at all.:waving: lol

13. SnowNinja

SnowNinja Junior Member

We saw a small amount of wet snow on Sunday morning but not enough to stick. I need a bit of time to prep my trucks, get my salter reinstalled and stake out my properties, firm up a couple of contracts and decide on another small snow contract a little bit out of my way. The general feeling is big amounts of snow up here. We had a hot, superdry, summer and a warm fall. The big bodys of water are warmer than usual and lately it has been wet, once the temp dips, look out or you'll get caught. tymusic

2005 gmc 6500, cat diesel, allison tranny
    10 ft monroe 4 yd 86/11 blizzard high boy

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

its coming boys.....middle of next week.....someone is going to see 6+ from the lake effect.......east coast it will be cold for our fall clean-ups. Winter is coming :)

15. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Still to early to tell. but if it does it will have to snow like hell to stick because the ground is very warm yet.. but if it does come .. we will just deal with it.

16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I heard it for myself today...."rain changing to snow for Tues,Wed,Thurs,Fri." Who knows. I finally found 3 decent guys to plow so it wont snow at all yet. Now if I were still looking....we would be the guys getting the 6" or so. Finally got my stakes now just have to put a little paint on them and pound'em in. I still am not getting my hope's up, then it just pisses me off when it doesnt snow.

17. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

my "season" is technically in effect Nov 1. Id love to be out spreding salt cause its freezing rain.. Then the phone will ring for all those contracts that are out and not signed. Plow is not ready, need a good few hours. Tornado is ready to go however.

18. EPS

EPS Member

lake effect

Im ready for the lake effect snow. My contracts start Nov.15 bring on the snow cuz anything before that = extra payup

19. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

i like brian youngs answer, tue wed thur friday, im in nw pa to sounds good!

20. EPS

EPS Member

lake effect

I am afraid to say I dont believe the snow this week will amount to anything that is plowable.:cry: