1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lake effect 30 inches

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawncare18, Jan 20, 2008.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Just about 10 mins north of me 30 inches in a day .. they are calling for anohter 20 to 30 inches of lake effect tongiht. Down where I am 3 inches this am.. hope it shifts just a tad south tongiht but man you boys up in oswego fulton are are getting 3 to 4 inch an hr snows.... Check it out guys.. www.wixt.com big snow lake effect gold....

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

I wish we get more snow in Michigan.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I like the guy cleaning his window with the brush while driving!:eek:

4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

You've never done that before ?????????? Thats why I bought the 6' brush, so I could reach the passenger side :D

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

You guys getn any in western ny.. you both know what i mean about a 5 or 10 min drive either way and its night and day diff. Im hoping it shifts south tonight.

6. grandview

Why? Then I can see where I'm going!:eek:

7. grandview

Had about 4-5 inches yesterday in about an hour. Today cold and a little windy.

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

yeah yeah yeah.
    :realmad:

9. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Let me tell you something. If I lived in an area that regularly got 20 - 30" of LAKE EFFECT snow...I'd move. Honestly, I don't know how you guys deal with all that snow. And how do they predict it? Do you just wake up in the morning and surprise!

10. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

Send it to St. Louis. That would be at least 3 years worth of snow.

11. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Heck, they can send some my way..... I'm about 2 hrs max from syracuse and aint even getting a dusting. They call for 1-3 and I might see 1 snowflake.... :realmad::realmad:

12. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Here, too. Today the sun was shining in my window, and glaring on the tv, I had to close the shade to watch the news story on ALL THE SNOW they are getting 2 hours from here. Wish it would turn south and west a little, or wish I still had my sled and a tank of gas.