1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lake effect 2 plus feet

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawncare18, Jan 30, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Guys we have goten hamered today north of syracuse right near fulton ny .. IM talking almost 2 feet and still coming down hard.. no unesesary travel.. its getting bad.. long few days ahead.. Anyone else seing anything???
  2. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Only about 8-10 inches here in Rochester area. has tapered to flurries tonight.
  3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I wish it would just keep coming!! Maybe we could have the white stuff shipped in!!
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

We have been getting hammered over here in northeast ohio the past few weeks. Looking at 5-10 or more for this warning, which is in effect until 10 am wednesday. You guys up in the Buffalo area get it alot worse than we do. Good luck and be safe:salute:
  5. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Ya in Rochester it seams to have once again gone around us..We did get some snow maybe 6 to 8 inches but thats nothing.
  6. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Yeah. I had to run my wipers this morning to get the dusting off the windshield. If this keeps up I may have to wear my boots when I go outside and not my Florsheims.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Come to my house, ill show you nothing....literally
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ended up with anywhere from 3-6" last night.
  9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

about 5" here, more on the way. South of us got 2 feet plus
  10. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

only around 12" in hamburg---chatauqua got the two feet up to eden i think

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

We have gotten about 12 inches here in holland, michigan. That is from yesterday at about 12 noon and as of right now. 3 oclock the next day. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It hasn't yet let up yet either i just got home from plowing my accounts the frist time. I am goo\ing to have to go ack out again tonight yet to do a final clean up on all my accounts. Have a good one everyone and make lotsa payup payup payup payup

12. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I live on the wrong side of the damn lake.............................
  13. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

We got squat north of the Buffalo airport. Glad to see Lancaster got it :)
  14. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I'm available

Anybody need any help this week? :redbounce Looks like I'll be available, anyway let me know.
  15. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Got 3 inches between Sunday and this morning here in Jamestown.
  16. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Had to run the wipers again this morning.

This is getting really inconvenient to have a quarter inch every day to clean off the windshield. Just enough to get me excited, ut it never builds up enough to warrant anyhting heavier than a broom.