1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lake Driving

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Advantage, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Had a free weekend. Went hunting for the elusive lake trout. White Ford is mine. And yes that is open water in the last picture.

pics 023.jpg

pics 031.jpg

pics 032.jpg

2. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

where abouts were you?

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

On the edge of the BWCAW in northern MN. Beautiful glacial lakes up there

4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

VERY nice area up there, what lake?

5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Burntside near Ely.

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

ya my ice fishing is over for the year. I took a ride to the lake yesterday and it is all opening up. but there were a couple people out there about 100ft away from shore. did you have any luck?

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Ely woman

When I was younger myself and 7 other friends used to drive up to ely and rent conoes and get dropped off out in the middle of nowhere. We would canoe and portage for a week and half, fish and camp. Some of the best times I ever had up there. Would get back to town and would want a pizza and to see some girls. But in Ely all the women were big girls. I guess to stay warm in those winter months.:drinkup:

8. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We did pretty well for trout fishing which is normally slow no matter what. 4 fish over the weekend ranging 5-15lbs.
    Yeah the Boundry Waters are truly a great place to explore by canoe. I'm hoping to make a trip this summer. And yes Ely women are a different breed.

9. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

well time to bypass that lol

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Ive been through the boundry waters twice definately one of the last great outdoor recreation areas in MN. I am bringing a motor for my canoe next time though:D 6 hours of paddleing gets old.

11. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Yeah the portages and paddling are one hell of a work out. Better stuff that motor where the pine cone cops can't find it.

12. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I camped on burntside two of the last three years, big lake.

13. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I would start getting nervouse with the water showing up

just found a guy after serching for 2 weeks yesterday still in his truck cheking out the trout closely

14. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

You've definitely got to respect the ice and be smart about it. That open water I was driving by is there all season every year. It has some current that gets bottle-necked in that one location.