1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lady Plowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Nov 28, 2004.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Ok...I know I am new to this forum. I was wondering if any ladies plow commerically? Where I live, I know of 2 ladies that plow commerically and I must admit that they do fine job. I was just wondering
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

My wife. Took a few years but now there is none better.
    She drives a F350 DRW flatbed w/CP 8.5 Meyers, and has about 16 hours on a 4" snowfall for a route.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

In my 10 years of plowing (5th year commerically this year) I have never broken any plow equipment.
  4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

When my wife gets into my pickup, she can plow a lot more efficiently than myself or any of my help. She has never torn up any of the equiptment, but you had better be out of her way when she is doing her job. I'm running the pickup now, except when I have to be gone, so she'll have to show me how she has found to do each lot the most efficiently.
  5. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

I bought my plow the day before the 2003 blizzard. Rode up to a shopping center during the storm and asked if they needed help. At that point I had done my driveway, a couple of neighbors and the road out of my neighborhood. I hadn't stopped grinning yet!
    The guy hired me and stuck me in the back lot for awhile, and I worked for him 2 seasons til I felt confident enough to look for more responsibilty/money further down the road. I live in what was the "country" outside of DC/Balt. and the higher wages are "down the road" in the cities.

Debi :waving:
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen a few female plowers around here, they do just as good a job as anyone else.
  7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

My girlfriend drives one of my blazers and does an excellent job.
  8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Hey 84deisel , where you at in addison and whats you company. im only a few min away and was just wondering. my brother inlaw ownes a car wash in addison too..
  9. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I live by mill and lake and work for krueger landscape in rolling meadows. If your in the area then you probably have seen my old 84 f250 black and silver in color with repo plated on it tooling around town as my girl lives in cresthill so it gets around alot
  10. hesko1

hesko1 Member

My wife has plowed for 14 years now. Through two pregnancies, sickness and all. She still drives my original 85 chevy 1 ton (single axel) with a back blade. She had to plow with our 99 dodge backup truck last January and still only wants her old chevy diesel. She has never broken or run into anything (unlike myself) and she does a perfect job. We also do rough cut mowing in the summer and she runs the Exmark lazer as a trim mower. Sometimes I wonder why she hasn't fired me yet :confused: It must be Love :blush2:

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I offered the Jimmy for my Wife to use. She's still laughing!
  12. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I got a real nasty look and some not-so-nice comments when I told mine she can plow with the jeep this year
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  13. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

My ex-wife Brenda plowed for me for several years and I have nothing to say about the job she did but great things. She hung in there till we were both ready to drop, was always responsible and careful with the properties and equipment and did a fine job.