1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lady Drivers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by szorno, Mar 24, 2003.

1. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hey folks,
    We have one lady driver, (my wife) that does a tremendous job. Most of the time we assume that plow drivers are males. There are several ladies on the site, and some of us have ladies on our team. Let's give them some credit. How about posting their pics WITH their trucks. (Nothing rude, OK??!!)
    Here is Cari with her 90 Dodge Ramcharger, 2 inches custom lift, 32x11.50 BFG tires, K&N airfilter, 3 " exhaust, and Meyer 7.5 ft poly with E47 pump and E57 conversion. She plows every storm and acts as mid-day dispatcher for the other 4 trucks.
    Guys, honor your teammates by posting here. Ladies, show us that my wife is not alone.

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Here is another pic of Cari with her Ram. Notice the height of the snowbanks. did a quick parkinglot rinse of the truck for the pic.

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

My wife JUST started driving the truck with plow on. Won't drive it with the trailer and won't drop the blade...BUT she is a great support person (Honey, I am stuck again, bring the jeep) and I always can call ahead for hot tea and hug!
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Ladies behind the blade

Nice choice for a plow rig. The ram chargers will get you in and out without alot of phone calls for a tow. Your husband's a lucky guy to have support like you.

Havent convinced my wife to plow yet but she can't wait to fire up the snow blower on the 78 short bed this winter.

We've got a lot of ladies plowing in the Erie area. One crew has 2 sisters that have been plowing for over 20 yrs. each.

Szorno great idea to give them the credit they are due.

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

that pic look fake for some reason maybe its me smokin to much crack but the lot looks diff from the truck and the chick looks diff 2
  6. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

That's not the crack this time. It looks like that because of the process of resizing the original image to post here. If you were looking at the high quality original, you wouldn't see that effect.
  7. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Yeah, darn cheap Microsoft software...:eek:
  8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yea, I was gonna say the samething, pic looks photoshopped. The girl looks like she was inserted into the pic, using photoshop. The only reason I dont think its fake is because in the 2nd pic, you can really see her clothes reflection on the Dodges front fender. At first I thought this was Szornos way to get to see everyones wife, hahaha. :D Mike
  9. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Well I must admit that Cari is a whole lot prettier than the guys that plow with me.

There is a lot to be said for having a very attractive woman working with you and supporting your efforts.

Since Cari is knowlegeable in snow removal, have you given any thought to having her become your snow removal sales person?

Might be a very good way to increase business....

There is nothing more persuasive than a beautiful woman with intelligence .

I mean you know how us men are suckers for a very attractive woman... especially those of us in facilities management of commercial buildings.
  10. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

I agree with "iceman" 100%.........:)

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I find this tactic is used quite often at car and truck dealerships....;)
  12. snowflake

snowflake Member

sharp looking truck wife is good looking tooo wow
    nothing wrong with that i have had ladies drive for me in the past sometimes they seem to do better job then some of the buttheads in the past i had at least **** aint broke.
    like to find a couple of hotties to drive for me next season.:drinkup: :drinkup:
  13. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I've tried to get my wife to drive one of the trucks during storms but she wants nothing to do with it:(

Heck, She has to close her eyes when she's just riding along with me she gets so nervous.:D

But she'll grab a shovel or run a blower with out me even asking.

Go figure, she'll do the hard stuff but not the easy.:confused:

14. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I keep trying to get my sister to try plowing or running a lawn mower but she pulls the no its stupid thing or i dont want to, but i think im wearing her down and she starts to see how much money there is in it. payup
  15. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

My wife will jump right in and go. I haven't been able to talk her into a truck with an 8.5 plow yet, but she's right at home in the Jeep with a 6.5. Actually she'll out-produce some of the guys anyway. Now if I could only talk her into wrestling those bags into the salter all night, I could get my beauty sleep...

To paraphrase something I heard elsewhere:

Question--What kind of woman is a "10" on PlowSite?

Answer--A "6" who'll drive a plow all night for you....

(Honey, if you happen to read this you're an "18". :) )
  16. tileman

tileman Member

This Lady my not drive a plow truck, but she is the most indespensibale person we have! She is the dispatcher, the one person every one talks to first. We would be lost with out her. I sub for two brothers, and there MOM is the best even at 3AM.

So Ladies whether you drive a plowtruck or the desk we could not do it with out you!

Thanks Ladies
  17. cos

cos Junior Member

My girlfriend comes along with me occasionally, but don't drive the truck. She snow blows and spreads salt. Sometimes she will shovel also.

It's great to have a good support staff.
  18. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Cos, so does mine, but she gets cold easily :confused: So i have to keep the heat on, since my window is down. She like to go with me, she'll shovel or run a blower as well! Plus, she thinks its better if I have someone with me to keep me awake, and I enjoy having someone to talk to, instead of just trying to talk to myself!

19. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

My wife usually doesn't want anything to do with plowing, too early in the moring for her I guess. She does from time to time come along with me to keep me company, and will shovel sidewalks, but she usually just sits in the passenger side seat and reads a good book. I'd love to get her to drive a truck. Its funny she doen't want to drive a plow truck, but she'll drive the old Dodge when we go 4X4 ing or mudding. :confused:
    She is a huge help with everything in the business, answering phones, invoicing etc. Couldn't do it without her.:drinkup:
  20. cigam

cigam Guest

LMAO @ sbvfd592 "I might be me smokin too much crack"
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004