1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ladder Racks & Strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by GreenManEnvy, Nov 13, 2007.

1. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

Looked through the existing threads and didn't see any mention of this sort of thing...

I'm going to be putting a ladder rack (with extension over the cab) on my truck, and I'm wondering if anyone came up with clever solutions for getting a mini-light bar on there, or anything beyond the small domes the rack manufacturers seem to design mounts for?

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Iv seen them before mounted on them but it seems that it doesnt get a good 360 degrees of coverage. How about some LEDs mounted on it.

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

4. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

Hey, thanks! That 360 Star looks like it will do the trick, especially with the pipe mount - then I can get it to the height I want so it can be seen.

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

If an LED beacon (like the one pictued above) will work for you I would look at the Sho-Me LED beacon. As far as beacons go it has very good bang for the buck as they are selling for around $90.

6. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Personal Opinion but I've seen the 911EP Stars in action on a county truck and I must say they really stink during the day. I think it is a result of its size, but it could have been the flash pattern. Which was half on half off, split left right. So coming up on one from the front or back, the warning was very minimal. Finally the county upgraded it to a Federal Signal LED Highlighter. Much better warning.