1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of power?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RobbieB, Dec 8, 2008.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

What would cause my power door locks to occasionally try to lock when I am moving the plow? When plowing I can hear them click like I just hit the brake pedal after starting to drive off. Should I add a second battery to the system? Last year I was plowing with my 00 Excursion and while plowing the radio would cut out, this truck is new for this year. It's an 05 F250 with the 5.4 and it's the locks that are acting flacky.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One of the first signs the battery is going. Get it tested but I bet you have a bad cell in it. Mine did the same thing so I put the biggest battery I could get and no problem since then.

PS 02 f250 5.4

3. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I did test it this morning, tests good, no dead cell. I even ran a test on the charging system, all tests okay. What group battery did you fit in your truck? We carry quite a few automotive batteries and semi truck batteries.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

id see where the remote hot line is tied into ur fuse box at..

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Even with a full charge sometimes the battery is just getting tired. I throw in a Interstate with 1100 cc;s in it.