1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lack of power international 510 wheel loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by brianbrich1, Mar 21, 2013.

1. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a payloader that has seem to suddenly lost alot of its power. It will gain some power back after 30-60 minutes of use. Its as if something is holding it back. Checked to make sure the pbrake wasn't sticking. drained fluids and changed filter. Machine is 30 years old owned since new but only has 1600 hrs...
  2. exmarkdude

exmarkdude Junior Member

If its diesel could be gelled fuel, water or dirt in in fuel filter, bad fuel, water in fuel, air in the fuel lines (my skid steer was doing the same thing...fixed and runs great now!). Fuel lines were rubbing against the engine and wore a small hole in the line...was sucking air and losing power. If you loosen the fuel cap, does that make a difference?
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

ck the air cleaner, might be plugged up or frozen.
    ck the turbo, if its got one. play in the compressor wheel
    if its acting up, how does it run?? can you crack one of the injector lines and try to see if any air is coming out?
    what kind of injection pump?? had one that had a prescreen on one of the lines that we never knew was there and it was plugged
  4. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the input. Seems the general thought from everyone and myself is a fuel issue. I will check all fuel items and let you know if its fixed......or not.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Hey b. If you need any help. Gimmie a txt ill see if I can give you a hand with it
  6. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

If u have any rubber fuel lines on it check if they r swollen up and restricting fuel
  7. fnltch

fnltch Junior Member

check fuel pressure after the fuel pump and the at the injector pump. could be sucking air.