1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

labor set up help?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by gkp, Jan 16, 2009.

1. gkp

gkp Member

I need about 15 guys to do a big roof job but they will not be employed with me much more than that, should i set them up on a sub contract or is there a better way to set it up for liability purposes? Not sure what to do here? if any one has a good Sub form could you mail it to me at ppropertiemanagment@yahoo.com

Thanks for any input.
  2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Problems with subbing it are they licensed, insured, bonded? I don't know wisconsin regs. Illinois I had to be licensed by state and most towns to do roofing because of all the hacks.If you hire guys that aren't you could get stop work order middle of job.
  3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

just call a temp service . tell the 15 guys to go there you will rent them from the temp service . if you have to pay them more than give them cash atleast than they and you are covered . I have used a temp like this before. so yes you can say i wont john doe .
  4. gkp

gkp Member

the guys I hired all have there own ins. but I dont want to have to deal with paying there taxes and all that bull when they will be working one or two days.