1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

KYB Monomax

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Detroitdan, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm ready for some new shocks, and I want something real heavy duty. After doing a ton of reading, the only one I've found who advertises they are specifically for diesel trucks and snowplowing is KYB Monomax. Anybody tried them? Little pricy but if they work as advertised I'll buy them

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i put a set in my truck in late december/early january and they work good. truck doenst nose dive or roll any more even with plow on front. another guy in town has them on his 06 crew cab cummins dually and loves em too. he does a lot of scrap hauling with a goose neck dump.. well worth the money, check out ebay for deals on them, i got em a lot cheaper than any retailers.

3. Detroitdan

thanks for the reply. I was going to go with Bilsteins, but after reading the KYB info, I thought they sounded a little more appropriate for my usage. Although, I am wondering why they have the same part number for all the fullsize trucks. Seems like my diesel 3500 should have a heavier duty shock than a 1500 Tahoe gasser. Unless the shock is just way overkill for a Tahoe.
    Cheapest I've found so far is Summit, nothing cheap on ebay

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

IMO Bilsteins.
    I have KYB's on one truck and bilsteins on my diesel with Kore springs and an 810 out front.
    Kybs on the gasser with the old diesel springs and an 810 as well.
    The Bilsteins are sweet. Lifetime warranty too.

6. Detroitdan

The KYBs won out over the Bilsteins because they were about $10 apiece cheaper, plus I liked that they claim they are made for diesels and plowtrucks. Only did the fronts for now, and man I couldn't be happier. Feels just like a new truck again. Don't know why I let it go so long.