1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kwik wire plow markers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by smitty2688, Oct 22, 2008.

1. smitty2688

smitty2688 Junior Member

HAS ANYONE USED THE "KWIK WIRE" LIGHTED PLOW MARKERS. I JUST BOUGHT A NEW 08 RAM AND PUT A 9.2 BOSS POLY V BLADE ON IT WITH WINGS! TALK ABOUT A BIG PLOW. BUT I CANT HARDLY SEE WHERE THE EDGES OF MY WINGS ARE SO I THOUGHT A SET OF THESE WOULD WORK. ANY PICS OR INFO WOULD BE GREAT.

http://www.kwikwire.com/plowmarkers.html

2. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I've never seen those before. They are pretty cool. Let me know how they work out for you I may look into them for my pull plow...If I ever get it.

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i think thats a little excessive. i have a 9'2" poly v on my f-350 and bought a set of 28" blaze orange markers from CPW for like 20 bucks shipped, and they work fine... my stock boss markers were faded from the sun, and i like the orange a lot better, they are much more visible ..

stock boss markers
    [​IMG]

blaze orange CPW markers 28"
    [​IMG]

comparison between a stock marker and the blaze orange markers at night side by side. my truck is on left w/ 9'2" and buddys is on right with 8'2" ...hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I"m a big fan of the fact that my stock markers flex when they hit something....ide have a problem with those lighted ones! It's a neat idea, just something else to wire up and potentially (probably) go wrong. Like an above poster mentioned doing, i think in a pull plow application they may be really nice to have at night!

JMO though! :)

If you do wind up getting them, please show how they wire up and keep us updated as to how they are holding up!

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Those things don't flex by chance do they ??

6. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I had those on our 10 foot Western. They snapped of because of the cold. Dropped the blade, and the things snapped. We did put a small piece of ree rod in them once they snapped and they lasted for a little bit longer but once again, it's nice when they flex.

7. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I don't know they pink when lit. :blush2: I'm all about visibility but at what cost.

8. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i use the driveway markers from lowes $2 a peice and they work great. look just like any other plow marker and they will flex almost all the way flat without snapping

9. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Up in New Hampshire we call those rookie rods!

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

they appear to be a led inside a normal flexible marker...

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Buy the thick hollow markers that lawnpro has, then just buy led strips from ebay and make em yourself for half the cost..

12. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Excellent idea!

13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I have similar on both pull plows and yes they flex. You'll like them.

14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I may just add LEDs to my markers!!

15. frostyballz

frostyballz Member

KISS....Keep It Simple Stupid

I just paint the markers on mine with yellow paint and wrap some reflective red or white tape around them for the hell of it.....that way people in parking lots see the reflective tape even when my lights are off and the red, black and yellow stick out even during snow storms at night!:drinkup: