1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kumho venturer m/t

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DriftHunter, Oct 27, 2005.

1. DriftHunter

DriftHunter Junior Member
    from AZ

Has anybody used these tires? the reviews on the tire sites say their indestructable and the best m/t in the snow.
    Frank

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I havent yet!

They are on my list before the snow falls.
    I put a set kumho's on my Honda Accord last fall and they ran circles around the Michelins that where on the car at half the price.
    I would assume the truck tires are just as good.

3. wls

wls Senior Member

I was doing some checking on tire rack, think I will try them on the wife's car soon.

4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

5. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have Kumho M/T's on my shop truck. They are a good tire. They are cheap, only $120/tire mounted/balanced for 33X12.5X15. They do good in snow, I actually like them better, both price and performance than the BFG M/T's on my 97 and 03.

6. wls

wls Senior Member

No just the brand name, Kuhmo, can't remember the letters to them, all I know was they were cheap, with good spec's.:)

7. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I installed a set of the KL41 (LT235 85R 16) on my K2500 last Sept. They did quite well in for pushing when they were new. I have 16,000 on them now and they are wearing evenly. They have about less than 1/2 of the tread left at this point. We'll see how the work this year with the reduced tread. I don;t expect to get more than 25,000 miles out of them though. Carrying a plow spreader and ballast over the winter and pulling a trailer 5 days a week the rest of year puts a lot of stress on them.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

They are great tires, you will love them.