1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota with Snow Pusher saved the day.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Strobesnmore, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

So glad I spent the $1400 on this I then happened upon the tire chains at Tractor Supply for $29 each. Out performed all of my expectations. Handled drifts over 4 foot with ease.

image.jpg

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I know a guy who can cut you a deal on some lights, may a liberty bar!

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

cool How much ? Thumbs Up

4. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Burrrrrr.... when i sometimes mess around with my L39 at home in the winter i wear a snowmobile helmet. Mite look like a tool but its warmer... ive looked into cab enclosures but im too picky, the best cab option is laurin but $10k for the L39... at this point its 9yrs old and the investment would be a loss... if i trade it for the L45 or M59 it will have full glass out of the box!!!

5. Hysert

Nice machine tho!!!

6. Strobesnmore

Funny you mention a cab. I would be happy with a front windshield. Thinking of a simple removable lean one. I had a windy day this fall moving dirt which was blowing back. Figured I'd build a lip up top and 2 simple thumb screws on the bottom. Looking at 1/8 or 1/4".

7. Hysert

I hear that... sims makes a cheaper version, not sure about B26 tho... you will love that machine!!! Great choice... im vary orange biases tho... sorry green and white guys

8. xgiovannix12

I bet you can make a decent cab out of plexiglass Might cost the same as an already made cab tho when your all done

9. Hysert

Ive played abit with mine and plexi... need to rubber mount or slightly loose fit mounting hardware... as the rops twists ever so slightly and the plexi is cold it cracks easy!!! Jmo... i was gonna make a aluminum frame to fit my L39s rops. A Friend of the family owns a glass biz and would cut me inserts of saftey glass to fit... but its never left my brain...

10. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I am biased toward the green stuff. However, I do like your set up. Get a picture up here when you get that enclosed cab !!!

11. Strobesnmore

Front window done. Just need to paint the 4 welds to keep them from rusting. Best part about it was it was 100% free. Friend had the plexi in 3/8 laying around and I had the rest.n I put one inch rubber grommets inside the plexi so it would have some play and not crack.

image.jpg

12. xgiovannix12

now you need sides and a rear :D

13. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Starting to shift towards the orange stuff ...LOL Very nice job on the enclosure

14. Strobesnmore

The plexi is a 1" shy on either side but it was free. Only 4 tabs hold it in place and it's solid. Pushed snow yesterday and he really helped with the wind in my face. Don't think for my uses I'll need sides so my work here is done.

15. Hysert

Glad to hear... after all 80% of green stuff is built over seas anyways... hears a funny one! Neighbor traded in his 6 yr JD old riding mower on a new one... the dealer even told him that his old machine was a yardman with JD paint and stickers...

16. Hysert

Nice job that will help...

17. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

Nice pusher :).. I put one on my Massey GC2610. I think i should put my chains on my tractor, if i can remember where i put them.
    [​IMG]