1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota with boss v and normand

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snopushin ford, Dec 19, 2015.

1. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

Well here she is, 2012 M7040 with 9-2 Boss VXT and 92" Normand Inverted. I hope the weather changes so I can actually use it this season!!

photo (5).JPG

photo (6).JPG

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great!

3. snopushin ford

from mass

Thanks! I am running the plow electric but I did not wire the lights to work to save on the electric draw. I kept it electric to be able to swap the plow back to my truck just in case. Matt

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Excellent idea. Same reason I keep my Blizzards electric.

5. snopushin ford

from mass

Yes! I am going for simple but universal.

6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Are the chains necessary on the front wheels? Figure with the blade you would have enough weight out front.

7. snopushin ford

from mass

I have a bunch of driveways that are very steep and I do not want to risk sliding off the edge. The driveways are good money and I want to be able to keep the tractor under control while on the road.

8. Could you get some pictures of the plow mount for me I am looking to put a plow on our m9000

9. newlandscapes

newlandscapes Junior Member

wow that is awesome!! Beautiful! i have wanted to do that with my L5740. I have a 82" normand and want a 8'2" v on it but i have no idea about how to do about doing it or who to do it for me. Would love to see how you have your mounted as well!!

10. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

I have had an 8.2 on l3540 and l5240 for years frame work is very easy...and welder should be able to make it... nice part is you can still run loader when plow frame is on...just hinders your ground clearance and reach into a truck

Only part that is iffy is electrical system...at night with your lights and constant running of plow ...low battery light comes on every now and then..I upgraded battery and it helped alot...once o have more time the alternator is next.

11. newlandscapes

newlandscapes Junior Member

If you wouldn't mind sending me some pictures of the frame set-up that would be great! We usually have 5-10 plows in by now and we have yet to have one this season so i won't be able to do it until next year, but being able to take the plow off my truck and put it on the Kubota would be awesome!! Do you have to beef up the frame at all?

12. snopushin ford

from mass

here are some, this is built so I can still use suitcase weights in I need them.

photo (7).JPG

photo (8).JPG

photo (9).JPG

13. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

No Kubota has very tough frame...I basically took boss push beam centered it on tractor...got it set to height took 2 peiece of 1/2 thick steel and hung it off the frame below brush guard using the holes in the Kubota already.. Then put another set towards the back...never had it twist off yet...the original one i did I ran push tubes back to the loaded mount from the push beam...unfortunately it didn't fit for length when I moved up to the 5240 from the 3540..due to tractor length so i cut tubes off...and tried it the way I mention and its been working for 3 years no issues
    ....I will look for pictures
    ...I don't have frame on yet Due to know snow

14. Iceman26

Iceman26 Junior Member

Nice clean rig, looks to be very efficient. I think your North of me in Mass. Good luck this season!

15. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Nice looking setup! Keep us posted on how well it works. I'm very interested in hearing how that inverted blower works as we have been contemplating on running 40-50hp compacts with inverted blowers and V's.

I have a 2011 M110XDC in our fleet we use on roads with a 10' Boss DXT and a 2yrd Salt Dogg hanging off the back.

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Can we see some pictures of that salter hanging on the back?

17. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks beautiful. What's top speed on one of those?

18. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

19. snopushin ford

from mass

This tractor does about 16 mph according to the dash. If things go well the next tractor will do at least 20. From what I have read you need the 12 speed transmission for the higher road speed, this machine is a 8 speed.

20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

That is a killer setup!! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

You're not too far away, anytime you want to come check out our compacts up in Fargo you're more than welcome too. We have 6 Deere's from 3046r to 4520/4720 to 4066r with 68-82" Inverted Normand units. We've usually got 1-2 used, low hour, tractor/blower combos for sale too. Ehlinger up in St. Cloud has some on 4066r's also, you could hit him up I bet to check it out.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015