1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota SVL 90 reviews

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Ty27, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Well today we went to a farm and equipment show here in Kansas City. We found a lot of the new skid steers (bobcat, Deere, Takeuchi, cat, and Kubota). We looked at all of them, and honestly I was most impressed with the new Kubota. As I haven't ran any of the new models yet, I was going to ask how do you like the new Kubota? Likes/dislikes? How well do they hold up? Thanks to any one who responds, as I'd like a little more info on the new loaders.

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We demo-ed one last summer for a week. Awesome machine. The rest of our fleet is CAT, so ultimately we ended up buying another wheeled cat machine but if the need arises for another track machine the Kubota will be it, I'm a big fan of the brand personally...we have had nothing but good luck with the kx91, b-series, and zeroturn mowers.

3. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Thanks, how did you like the controls? I noticed they were different, with moving the machine on one side and bucket and arms on the other. I guess I would get used to it, it would just take a while

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  5. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

No they didn't have one there, but the rep we talked to said it will be coming out this spring/summer and they will be offering smaller loaders as well. I'm actually pretty excited to see how the new ones are!

6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I am interested in reviews also. I am in the market for a new one. My Bobcat T300 is a good machine, but time to get into something new. The Controls are CAT controls. My Bobcat has the same but with the option to switch to case controls.

7. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We have a friend that has a T300 bobcat also, and when I sat in the Kubota, the cab was a lot bigger and easier to see out of than the bobcat. I liked the door on the Kubota to how it slides up instead of out.

8. Longae29

Those are the same controls as cat. I think they're the easiest to use. No foot fatigue.

9. SullivanSeptic

For sure. No fatigue at all. I suck a foot controls. I'm 6'3" and I don't fit in them anyway. My legs and feet are tired after 10 mins with foot controls

10. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

i can see where foot fatigue can become an issue. Especially moving snow. Are the controls touchy, or do they feel good while operating? Sorry for just firing off questions, but I'd like to hear from guys who have ran the SVL 90.

11. SullivanSeptic

I haven't run that machine, but it is all electronic controlled. Most have a slight lag in them to protect hydro motors.

12. Longae29

I played video games as a kid...feels just right?

13. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Gents ive been a die hard kubota gan for many years own a L39,ZD326 and have had our SVL90 since September!!! I got it used with 1400hrs on it... tracks were wipped so i put camoplast SD on it as they claim thr all season? As of now the track choice was spot on!!! Good snow traction great summer traction...

As for the machine itsngot loads of power!!! Ive ran all the big three and its compareable to all or better. Cab space is huge im 6' and can turn around inside without a problem... controls are spot on and accurate... rear visibility is best in class.... lift cap of 5800+ lbs... was doing a few relocates last week and was amazed, i was pushing through piles 7' high 25" deep snow up against glass and all.... comfort is great too.... really like the gas assist cab lift for full access to hydros amd such.. engine compartment is easy access too... i have a 10' pusher on it with no issues.. oh and as for the undercarriage with 1520hrs on it now its all original, idlers are still tight and drive cogs are virtually new!!!

I am bias ofcouse but owned 7 kubotas over the yrs... never a major issue with any of them... imo there all made overseas why not by the leader!!! However a fully loaded bobcat has some amazing options which in time everything breaks... bang for the buck orange is my choice

14. Hysert

Oh and another good reason thr good look how open the tracks are for cleaning... ive never cleaned tracks in 5 mins or less...

2015-02-25 07.41.06.jpg

2015-02-25 07.42.04.jpg

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Strictly hearsay, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. Resale is high, so that tells me something. The mechanic I use had only good things to say about them as well. And he works on anything.

16. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Sounds like its a great machine! I'm sure the new skid steer will be good as well

17. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Yes I haven't heard anything bad about Kubota. I've always thought they were good machines, just didn't even know Kubota made a large track loader until just this past weekend

18. Hysert

Resale is great on them.. i had a zg227 54" with bagger, paid $10800 for it in 08, traded last yr on th zd326 60" with bagger... the 08 had 500hrs dealer gave me $7k on the trade... less then $500 a yr depreciation... also had a b2100 yrs ago! It was a 97 with 1400hrs backhoe attachment and blower.. $18k on trade for the L39....

By far my L39 has been the best all around machine for me handsdown!! The versatility of having 11' dig depth and loader in a compact machine... im now looking to trade it for a L45 or M59... guys always laugh and say why not get a skid its way faster! True!!! However having the hoe on the back saves floating twice and owning more equipment like a mini ex.. i have it plumbed front and back and made my own thumb, with a 12" and 24" bucket and a 4in1 and forks out front thrs not much it cant do in my line of work.... only replaced a kingpin seal on the front axle, its a 06 and still gets waxed...

19. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

We have the SVL 75, and that would be my only complaint with it. The hydros do lag, and don't like to turn right away. It might be that I'm used to mechanical hydros on the machines I run, and prefer the feedback mechanical controls offer.

Otherwise, it's a fantastic machine. We bought ours new, traded a Case 450CT on it. Case we had for 3 years, 2 final drives, 2 sets of tracks, and 6 idlers in 1500 hours. We've got nearly 1000 hours on the Kubota, original tracks (although they are due to be replaced this year), original undercarraige. The ease of cleaning out the undercarriage is a huge contributor to the longer lifespan of the parts (or at least I'm convinced). The cab is spacious and comfortable, the sliding door is a nice feature. Hydraulics are strong, lifts everything we need it to (full pallets of interlocking stone/retaining wall, sod, natural stone). We don't use it much in the winter, just prefer to use the wheel machines for snow work. Overall, nothing bad to say and I'd trade on another again.

The SSV looks interesting, although I'm told only foot controls for now.

20. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

For no control lag, you can go with the Tacheuchi. I had their track machine and it's a pretty well built unit. It has the slide up excavator door and decent power. The under-carriage is also well built