1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota/Shoule blower video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DaySpring Services, Jan 26, 2011.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

nice video how do you like that setup?
  3. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice setup man. Whats the deepest snow you've blown with it so far?
  4. DaySpring Services

Overall I'm very happy with the setup, definitely moves the snow. The first storm of the season dumped about 2 feet of wet lake effect. The Kubota handled the snow without a problem. I had to go a little slower but it went right through.
  5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thanks Daysprings it nice to see videos of your equipment at work. I was watching you do that road, and with that setup you will never run out of room. I like it.Thumbs Up
  6. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

i could get in a lot of trouble with a blower.
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Sweet setup. Thats the first time I've seen a 3 point mounted blower that you could drive forwards with instead of driving in reverse. I'd hate to pick all the driveway gravel out of the woods in the spring at my house tho hahaha
  8. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Excellent video dayspring, gives a good example of the inverted blower in a non residential application...
  9. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Great video. How do those blowers compare to the provonost blowers?
  10. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Great video, looks like that combo really moves some snow! I was going to ask if you had an opportunity to use it on that first heavy storm we got.

Looks like it's a 4wd tractor, are you able to blow in 2wd or do you have to use 4wd? Our New Holland has an auto function, which I believe switches on 4wd when it slips.

Any plans to put a set of loader arms, lights, or future accessories?
  11. DaySpring Services

I honestly can not say how the Blower compares to the other manufactures. This is my first 3 point blower. It is built very tough, so far problem free. I'd like to see a different style shoe, the manufactures seem like they can easily gouge the pavement. I'm going to see if I can come up with something. I'd also like to get a poly cutting edge to fit. The manufacture doesn't offer one.
    The tractor is indeed 4 wheel drive. For the most part I use 2wd unless it's slippery or deep snow. It did come with a loader, I use it for snow removal. It's only mounted when needed. I'd like to put a lightbar on it, just not crazy about the thought of drilling holes through the roof. I've also thought about surface mount leds.
  12. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I can understand not wanting to drill into the roof. I think another guy on here who runs a tractor has two simple beacons mounted on top of each mirror - kind of like some dump trucks do. You could also make a bar that runs over the top and bolls on at each mirror - like a roll bar on the back of a pickup.
  13. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

On the M7040 i bought this year.. I made a light bar braket and monted in the open holes right next to the rear flood lights.. No drilling needed.
  14. DaySpring Services

I never really thought of that. I have an extra lightbar mount for my back rack. Maybe I'll modify that.
  15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

If that mounted on the front so you didn't have to drive over and compact the snow that would be even nicer...but have to say I'd take that baby anyway it comes...awesome.

What do you use the tractor for during the summer months ?
  16. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

That thing needs some Ebling Back Blade Wings on the front of the blower!! On the light snowfall nights you can use them to funnel snow into the auger reducing your number of passes.
  17. DaySpring Services

The tractor doesn't compact the snow at all, the ground pressure is low enough. The blower scrapes so well it usually scrapes down the the pavement. When the video was taken it was -10 so everything was sticking pretty well. The tractor is used for snow removal only and sits for the most part int the summer.
  18. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

do you drive it from account to account or do you trailer it? does NY allow you to drive it on public roads??
  19. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Nice try. The unit already weighs close to 2000#.
  20. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Nice setup, I wish I had a use for something like that around here.