1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota RTV900

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by 4hogans, Dec 25, 2012.

1. 4hogans

4hogans Junior Member
    from Mo

Just wondering if anyone is using a 900 Kubota RV with a Meyer plow with electric up and down and hydraulic tilt??? Real ? is can you apply down pressure to blade for back dragging snow from in front of garage doors and tight places? I have found one with this set up good for the money but am looking to replace a cab less utility tractor with a heated cab. I really need to be able to back drag from doors etc. or it would not be much good.
    Thanks for your help

2. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Fab up a back drag edge for it. Wouldn't that work for you?

3. 4hogans

4hogans Junior Member
    from Mo

I suppose it would. I do not have one on my John Deere, but do not need it because it is hydraulic and I just raise the tires off of the ground and have no problem back dragging. I really did not want to have to fabricate one for this unit. Hoping to hear from someone who has this setup to see if it works.

Thanks for the advice.

4. tmlawncare

tmlawncare Member

Why not just put a 3 point hitch on the the back of the rtv and use a box blade with uhmw side edges. That combined with a boss v would be amazing.

5. 4hogans

4hogans Junior Member
    from Mo

I got to use this Curtis plow twice in the last 2 weeks with two 12 inch snows. Was amazed at the power and traction this machine has. Very rarely slipped the tires even in the 2nd one which was extremely wet. My only problem is just as I had expected it to be with no ability to back drag. I did fab up a back drag blade but without much success. I have about decided on a power v blade by Boss. I really hate to have to purchase a 3 point as I will not have much use for it beyond the snow plowing.

Thanks for the reply. This is a great site.