1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota RTV

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Precision Lawn, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Does anyone has a kubota rtv and using it for snow removal. I'm thinking about buying one for hunting and maybe snow.

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

It will clear snow, but won't be practical for anything serious.

Perhaps some sidewalks, pathways, or ultra small lots.
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Mark Oomkes is using one. It is equipped with a BLIZZARD 760LT, and I believe it also is equipped with deicing equipment.

Give him a shout out.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Missed this one. Jon is correct, it works great. We have it set up for sidewalks, but would work for small lots, setting up for a loader, that kind of thing.

Haven't had a ton of experience with it, but from what I've seen so far, crazymike is mistaken. 4WD, diff lock and some weight and this thing will push some snow.

The pics are in this thread:

5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

It's not the inablity to push snow. It's the fact that it needs to be loaded on a trailer and moved to your next site. Unless you have several sites in one area, or one with a tonne of sidewalks, I couldn't see it being practical buying one for snow removal. Or, if you have a big enough crew and don't mind transporting it.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Top speed is 25 MPH, which is pretty good. Most loaders are in the same range as well as farm type tractors.

One of the reasons we bought the RTV was to get away from trailering. It spends most of the night in one area, about 7 miles from our shop, takes about 20 minutes to get there. No more tying up a truck to haul it around, especially because that truck was usually our backup. No more loading and unloading on slippery, snow-covered ramps, no more strapping and unstrapping, completely enclosed with heater. Nice all in one unit. I figured it out, it takes the same amount of time to hook up a trailer, load and tie down an ATV or other UTV, drive over, unstrap and unload as it does to just drive the Kubota to the site and get started immediately.