1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V-Plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by NitroX5, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NitroX5

NitroX5 Junior Member

Prayin’ for snow now! I am going to use the 1100 to plow my c-store lot and do some residential accounts. Being that Boss doesn’t make a mount for the 1100 as of yet, some modifications had to be made to the 900 mount. Basically the only thing is that the 900 mount is to short and an extension had to be welded to the back of it to reach the holes for the skid plate. I can hardly wait for it to snow. Pray for snow everybody. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Kubota'10 003.jpg

Kubota'10 008.jpg

Kubota'10 001.jpg

Kubota'10 005.jpg

Kubota'10 006.jpg
  2. AC650V2

AC650V2 Junior Member

That thing looks really heavy duty and well engineered, not like most of the current ATV/UTV plows that are currently on the market.

I'll pray for snow up there only if you pray for snow down here, agreed? Just don't let my wife know.
  3. tavisj

tavisj Junior Member

Thats exactly what I want for my sidewalks, what was the final price? I was quoted 33 with a straight blade from my Kubota dealer.
  4. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Nice setup!

Are you throwing any working tools in the back(salt, spreader or blower).. Do you have a 3pt hitch and PTO on the back of that?
  5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very cool!!! How wide is the plow? And curious of "about" how much that setup costs? I'm sure with some decent weight in the bed it will do really well...congrats!
  6. NitroX5

NitroX5 Junior Member

Blade is 6'6". Nothing planned for the back as of yet. Going to try pushing without any weight in the back to see what it does but I do have some sand log bags ready if I need it. The RTV doesn't have a 3 point or PTO option for it. If your looking for a setup like this, I would comfortably say your looking at about 24k.

tavisj-don't know what kind of plow your dealer is trying to sell you, just an FYI is Boss has the highest lift available for an UTV. The other plow on the market have at least half the lift height.
  7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Now that is a great looking set up. We recently had to modify a mount for a customer with the exact same 1100 as that. Very nice unit for sure. We sell the V plow for 2695.00
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  8. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

THOSE PLOWS LOOK BA! (bad @$$)

I would have to be doin a lot of sidewalks and stuff for that to be worthwhile....
    :rolleyes: well i could prob. use one on a condo complex we do!

Where does the Down pressure go on those small plows?
    looks kinda iffy lol
    Looks like if you pushed the blade down it would break something
    Be careful on those sidewalks with it!
    lol i bet every time you change positions the UTV is about ready to flip over!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is an awsome set up. I would love to get a Polaris Ranger 800 with a Boss UTV V plow.
  10. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Make sure you post an update after you get some white gold to push around! Make a Video of that little beast!
  11. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Very nice looking setup. We appreciate your business. You are going to love that lift height!
  12. NitroX5

NitroX5 Junior Member

Got to use the RTV for about 12 hours today pushing heavy snow, and I mean so heavy you could see the blue hue in the snow. The Kubota performed flawlessly. More than enough power and traction was never an issue.
    Boss plow-another story. All in all, did a good job. I know there is some Boss reps. on here so I'll give you some feedback. First--get rid of those ridculous bolts with the hairpin pins. Lost three of them just today. You need to give us bolts with lock nuts for every connection point. Also, reduce the length of the hydraulic hose. They can (do) get caught in the spring if it is in the trip position and may (did) blow. Plow did a good job and the lift height is really great.
    Any questions or comments are welcome
  13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

It looks awsome except its too big for all the sidewalks here... There all 60"
  14. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Nitro, Thanks for the input. I will pass it along to our engineering department.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

nice kub too bad your a guinea pig hahaha just paint it black and no one will know what plow it is
  16. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

That machine is sweet. Glad you got to give it a workout, and GREAT feedback. The manufacturers can't make them better unless they know what to change. However, they do need to do a little more product testing on their own. You should need to tell them that their pins fall out and the hydraulic hose is too long.

Hopefully they will make things right and send you replacement bolts for the pins and a hose that is the correct length.

If you don't mind me asking... what did the machine cost you (minus the plow)?

if ya read it he said around 24 grand
  18. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

If you read, I asked "minus the plow". ;)
  19. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Read post #7........"We sell the V plow for 2695.00"

thank nate hahaha