1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota & Protech

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jonh doe, Sep 17, 2004.

1. jonh doe

jonh doe Junior Member
    from nh

I need to know if a Kubota M8200 4wd (82hp) will be able to push a 10'protech snow pusher,it will be used in small commercial lots,the longest push would be 250' maybe 300'.No B.S.what can I expect with 6"-8" of Wet snow or 10"-12" of powder.Any input would be greatly appreciated,Thanks.
  2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

no first hand knowledge but i would say that should do alright.
  3. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Hard Pushing

I have an 11 foot pusher 4 1/2 foot tall mounted on my 16,000 pound articulated 4 WD loader,pushing 8 inches of wet snow fills up the blade in about 50 feet and it pushes really hard,I run tire chains on front or it won't push anything when it's wet. If the snow is dry and light I think I could push 16 or 18 foot.
    If your rig is much lighter than mine I think 10 foot is too big if you get heavy wet snow most of the time.
  4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Are you going to mount the pusher rigid or from the loader? The tractor should handle the pusher in the rigid mount set up, but will put alot of stress on the loader if that's the way you'll mount it. The rigid option will give you up/down operation with small stacking capabilities.

The way I would set that tractor up is with a BLIZZARD 8611SS mounted on the loader. You have left/right operation and the ability to retract the wings from the cab to travel down the road. Plus, damn you'll have stackability with the loader. Box plows are just weighty and cumbersome.

Just my 2 pennies. :cool:
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

well ill add input, although not sure how scientific it is. we have a 11ft avalanche pusher on our trojan loader which is much greater in size than the kubota, and in a wet snow it will push it, but really takes some effort. im thinking a 10 footer on your kubota may be too big and heavy. i agree from what jon geer said. you may be better off just getting a hydraulic plow with either hydrualic wings, or put some turkey wings on to push like a pusher would.
  6. jonh doe

jonh doe Junior Member
    from nh

Well my plan was a 82hp tractor,but I think Iam going to get the 90hp (m9000) model,When it all done it should weigh around 9000lbs.The plow is going to be mounted on the loader arms and is going to be a protech skidsteer (quick attach) model and that weighs around 900lbs for the 10ft model.I would like to stick with a pusher,would I notice a big loss in productivity if I dropped down to a 8ft model.Iam really set on a Kubota (ag style) because of dealer location and versatility (brushhog,hoe,york rake,pallet forks etc.).Any feedback is appeciated,thanks
  7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

You should be ok as long as the snow isn't wet and heavy then you'll find the kubota really struggling. Awesome machines though, my boss has 5 of em, not all the same model except for 2 which are. Should do fine with a pusher in some powder.