1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kubota m7040: stirs like sh**!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by grsp, Nov 18, 2008.

1. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

brand new kubota m7040 with a 10 foot pusher on the front. rear tires have been filled with liquid calcium, and also has a 9 foot back drag blade on it. will push down a house! however, the main problem is that it stirs like ****. in fact hardly at all. even with the loader arms in the float position. would it help if i had the front tires filled also? any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

ok i do know how to spell. what i was trying to say was steers.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You have to raise the loader up when turning to get traction but farm tractors in general do not turn well with a full box. We don't run any pushers as small as you so we basically just keep feathering the blade up untill it starts to turn or back up and take a better angle at the push. We don't run the blades in float either we find playing with the loader all the time produces better results.

4. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

thats exactly what i was doing at the end of our storm last night, 10 inches in november, very rare. i run this tractor on huge apartment complexs with parking on both sides. i have a truck doing the cutting out around cars, but i caught myself a few times sliding in a direction that could have been dangerous. the kubota kicked ass, i just need it to steer better. jd dave, do you have your front tires filled?

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I don't see filling the tires helping you to much. Sounds to me like to much down pressure on the pusher, can always try the turning breaks.
    robert

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The front end will not handle fluid filled tires.