1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota M6800

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rnblase, Oct 9, 2008.

1. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Can a Kubota M6800 handle a 12' foot pusher box?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No way, man. You don't have enough horsepower or weight to push that big of a plow. You'd need something closer to 100hp for a 12' pusher and even then you'll need weight in the back or at least tires that are filled.

3. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

What about a 10 footer?

4. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

it has 70Hp

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

10' is probably doable but I still think that's on the high end. 8' or 8'6" is more like it. You will have traction issues if you put anything too big out front.

6. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I agree with Camden, I think a 8 or 8.5ft would be about it. I have a 6 ft on a Kubota 5030, it does fine but I would not want any larger of a pusher. I'm not sure of the the specs of a M6800 but you might find that even thou it is 70 hp it may not weigh very much.

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its a very light weight compact tractor, great for driveways. Even a 10 foot will give you trouble on long distances or heavy snow. Would be fine in small lots, except then to go from 1 lot to the other, your not legal. Go for a 8 or 9 foot Pro Tech compact. JM2C.