1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota M59 with a box plow

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by REHG Landscapes, Jan 30, 2011.

1. REHG Landscapes

REHG Landscapes Junior Member
    from 06615

Can it/ has it been done. We have a smaller 20something hp Mahindra that is good for moving around small amounts of snow and moving piles of snow after the storms but we need something we can put an actual box plow on since we've recently picked up some very large properties. The M59 is definitely the tractor we want as it will benefit us year round, I'm just curious about the box plow capabilities. Thanks in advance guys!

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

If you are talking about a push box on the front, yes it can be done. I have a L48 and am running an 8 foot protech on the front. It has it's limitations just like everything does. My buddy has a M59, and while he is not using it this winter much, it has been out a couple of storms with a pushbox on front and a box blade on the rear. I would recommend a cab for it if you are going to use it all winter. Kubota does not make a cab for it, so you will have to go aftermarket for one.

3. prslawncare

prslawncare Junior Member

recently added 10' sectional to m-59 clcium in rear tires and hange on. very impressed with power. The heater has a little to be desired but we'll survive this winter. (no cab as of yet)

4. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Oh come on Paul, you looked rather warm in it the last storm!!!

5. REHG Landscapes

REHG Landscapes Junior Member
    from 06615

Thanks guys, I think we're going to pull the trigger and get one with the aftermarket cab, fill the tires, and put a 12 or so foot pusher on it.