1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota M135X opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cmo18, Oct 22, 2013.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Well looks like i'm 24 hrs away from signing the papers on a new Kubota m135x with a m51 loader. 0% financing in my area makes it a great deal.

Anyone out there have this tractor?

It will be plowing a couple 3 + acres lots, I plan on putting a 10-16ft speed wing or similar setup on the front loader and a blower on the back.

Any one hear of Xtreme snow plow/boxes? There made in Quebec and are very similar to metal plessis or HLA

Looking for reviews on either product, the M135X is a beast of a machine!

2. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Thats a big tractor. I'm looking at a MX95 or a smaller MF. Both with loaders and going to run a pusher. My dealer told me they fab up cradle's for the loaders to keep them from bending. I'm assuming the MX135 is 10,000lb+. I would look into a cradle.

3. mud

mud Senior Member

Personally I would go with some sort of frame mount for the front instead of using the loader. Farm tractor loaders are pretty easy to twist and are more designed for light material moving and hauling hay around.

4. paper65

paper65 Junior Member
    from Quebec

X2 on that. We have 10 tractors on snow removal. Out of the 10, only 1 have loaders arms and I'm the one running it with expendable reversable box. Front mount frame are more robust on impact especially if you plan to use expendable or wide plow/box and usually balance the tractor better when on travel. With lots of this size, front mount seems more appropriate. Many guys want loader for banking snow, you plan to use blower, so push and blow. Every members here appear to be sold on inverted blower but in this scenario I would go with traditionnal blower, they can manage massive pile way way more easy. I had twist tractor loader once couple of seasons ago. Been there, done that.

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I am concerned about twisting the loader. The tractor is about 17,000lbs. Whats this cradle all about and any pictures?

My tractor has an upgrade M51 loader compared to the standard LA2253. I cant find any info on it or the differences. Any of you guys know?

Basically I wont be stacking to much with the loader, obviously going to stay away from ramming piles as well. I assume thats what would cause the twisting?? Other than the obvious of plowing across alot at 40km/h and hitting a curb.

6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Also I have two 3 acre lots, pretty wide open that this tractor will be plowing with a 10-17ft blade/box.

Last year with a loader that got no traction and 12ft pusher it would take 4-6 hours to plow both lots on an avg storm. I'm wondering how much quicker the tractor setup will be?

The reason I ask is in between both lots I have the opportunity to pick up another 2 acre lot and am wondering if I can fit it in without over booking. I bid the property high in August and there only getting back to me now.

Guys who have a tractor and expandle plow, avg time to plow 3 acres on 3-4" storm?

7. EXR

EXR Senior Member

The cradle is just plate steel bolted to the front of the frame of the tractor, then extends out to each side with end plates welded on. The loader boom then sits in the end plates "holding" in the loader from moving. I was told it makes a big difference but if you hit something hard enough you will still break something. I have no pictures, it was just described to me by the local dealer.

8. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I have a Kubota 9540. 95hp. I run a 10ft Kage on the front on the loader and adding a blower to the rear this year. Love this little tractor. Pushes better then my 18000lbs backhoe with 12ft pusher