1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota M110 - Liquid fill the front tires or not?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawntec, Oct 24, 2014.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

We have 3 - M110's, with 102" blowers on the back (1600 lbs), and we have an HLA snow wing for the front (frame mount, no front end loader).

Thing is....when plowing our commercials (pre 8am)...the blower is adding a lot of counter weight, so we have less down pressure on the cutting edge (which is also a problem). But after 8am, we drop the plow and service our resi's with just the blower.

With the plow off the front...the front is very very light. I can't add a weight kit because the plow mount is in the way. And I was told by Kubota they don't recommend nor sell wheel weights for the machine.

But I really need more weight to keep the front tires on the ground. I am thinking of filling the tubeless tires with liquid. But I am concerned with drive-ability after.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it the right route to go? Or am I going to hate filled tires all day long while driving???

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Liquid in the front tires works very well. We have done it with many of our tractors over the years.
    You may want to check if you can get that blower closer to the back of your tractor. Some blowers the three point arms are adjustable.

3. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

We filled the tires in our M7040 and it improved the ride dramatically. Got rid of all the bounce. Where we were having traction issues before (12' HLA on the front and Pronovost inverted blower on the 3PTH), the loaded tires eliminated alot of the problems. It will still run out of traction, but the pile in front is alot larger than before.

4. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

Nice!
    Thanks for your help guys. I know what my plan is for tomorrow :)