1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota L5030

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tractor Plower, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

As promised, this is the Kubota L5030 I use to push. YES! It IS equipped with a modified Snowbear personal use snowplow, however it has withstood 4 years of plowing a dozen rural drives up to a mile in length! It has proven to be a reliable little plow! It has been on a 2001 F-150 Supercrew, a 2004 F-250 CC PSD, and now on the Kubota, with the winch removed. The tractor is a 50HP utility tractor, with MFWD and a ballast box on the rear hitch. Also pictured is my 1999 F-350 Super Duty PSD with 6-speed ZF. (145,000 on odometer). No plow yet, but it will have in the near future (as soon as my tractors can't keep up!)

Enjoy, Mike.

Kubota & Truck 013.jpg

Kubota & Truck 014.jpg

Kubota & Truck 004.jpg

Kubota & Truck 002.jpg

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That Kubota looks great (eventhough it isn't green). Your plow isn't power angle, is it? Mine is and it is so nice. I have always used tractors with manual angle, but the power is nice. Once you get the layout down with a manual angle you really only need to change it a few times. Sure does beat plowing. I like the Sundowner trailer in the back. Do you live on a farm?

3. Tractor Plower

Hey First Time Out, no the plow isn't power angle. If I am impressed with the operation on the loader arms I was thinking of purchasing a HORST 2000 series power angle blade, probably 8'. Horst builds quality attachments that last forever and perform well. (www.horstwelding.com) And yes, the sundowner in the background is ours. I am a competitive show jumper in my "spare time". I travel in the US and CAN for shows. The trailer sees about 25,000KM a year just going to shows and training. Keeps me busy enough! As well, we do live on a farm (we as in family, i'm only 19) The horses are a family hobby!

P.S. What do you think of the curtis? quality? I was thinking Horst because of being Canadian made, but i'm open to anything! As much as i'd like a front mount snow blower, Kubota sells them for 9900.00 Can. Far from worth it!

-Mike

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

NICE! I wish we had some of that white gold down here!:cry:

How can you manually angle a blade that size and weight?

5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I've seen big 11 foot blades for bigger trucks that angle by hand. A lot of them were like that a while back :nod: Even longer ago, there were sand spreaders that you'd have to get out of the truck to turn them off. I think the company Anderson made them.

6. Tractor Plower

Lol, yah, the plow is easy to angle. Pull a handle and shove it with your body. Not glamourous, but it does the job! With what i do, it is angled right 90% of the time, doing 2-4 passes along a laneway.

-Mike

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I like the Curtis a lot. I have not used it yet, but it is really easy to hook up and built really well. I know what you mean about the blowers! I think we paid about $1900 or so for the Curtis installed by the dealer that sold us the tractor. I'll post a pic up for you to see it. Oh, and if you ever need a place to keep some horses if you come this way let me know. We have 11 of them right now and can always hold a few more for a night lol.:waving:

444.JPG

8. Tractor Plower

Well thanks First Time Out! We certainly do our fair share of travelling. I'd be in Ocala Fla. right now if the Equine Herpes epidemic hadn't surfaced. Oh well, rather be pushin' snow anyways:redbounce

Do you have MSN? I wouldnt mind talking horse care also! Add me- powerstroke_fanatic at hotmail.com

-Mike

9. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

I ran a 5030 with a Horst blade on it. Nice machine and the blade was excellent. We don't use the blade anymore and traded it in. The dealership where we traded it sold it but they might still have another. I also saw one at another dealer north of Acton, it looked used. I'd go with the Horst for sure, we broke ours once and they fixed it no problem. My boss bought a 12ft last year and a 10ft this year for the TV-140's.. Get the power angle,. We use a agri-trend blower. We had a 6ft. used one for sale but he might have sold it.

10. Tractor Plower

Thanks snowinjoe. I just e-mailed Horst to ask them about the tractor subframe mount they offer. Having the blade on the loader arms is great for stacking, but a pain in close quarters. It takes twice as much room to manouver. If the subframe looks reasonable, I'd be able to go up to a 8' 3000 series blade, which is trip edge! Also, the 3000 series has manual endplates available for it. Thanks for your imput, it is appreciated!
    Where in Ontario are you located? GTA? What kind of snow contracting do you do? Those are mighty machines you have. I use a TV145 equipped with a Pronovost industrial blower to remove snow piles at the sides of streets. (for a private contractor, not my machinexysport ) We are only called out about 3-4 weeks a year tho. When we do, it is 24/7 operation, with 30 mins/24hrs maintenence time! The bi-di can be used about 600-700 hrs a year strictly blowing.

Thanks again, Mike.