1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kubota l3400 vs skid steer need help!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by windrowsnow, Oct 26, 2010.

1. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

kubota L3400 how big of a box could you put on the front and how well do you think it would do for doing drives and parking lots in a 3 mile radious? im debating between this and a skid steer all feed back welcome
  2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

If I am reading the specs correctly, the 3400 only weighs 2,600lbs. That's not much weight to be pushing snow. I would guess that 6' is about the widest box that you could push.

It would probably make a good (not great) driveway rig but I wouldn't want to put it on a commercial lot.

With an enclosed cab, the machine would probably be much more comfortable and give much more visibility than a skid steer.
  3. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

yea thats what i was thinking, a skid is way heavier and you can lift more and turn on a dime,
  4. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

How about the Toolcat newer models! thats unless you already purchased the Kubota
  5. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

nope i havent purchased yet, im looking at used machines cause i dont want to drop alot of $$$$$$ i like the tool cats alot, skid, truck and tractor in one
  6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Skid is the way to go. Or a bigger tractor. I would NOT want to rely on that little compact tractor if you got more than a 2in storm. Either go with a skid or a 50+hp tractor. Another good thing about skids is they are overbuilt, plowing snow is light work for them.