1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota F-series issue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fallapartphill, Feb 6, 2014.

1. fallapartphill

fallapartphill Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have a Kubota F2000 I picked up beginning of last year and went ahead and bought a 5' blade for it also. Both used. I changed the filters at the end of the mowing season but was not time for the hyd fluid yet. I have plowed all this winter with it with no issues till yesterday. Was plowing along and it stopped moving. The PTO and lift arm still worked but lost fw and rv. Went to local tractor shop and he said prolly hydrostat filter froze up. I got a new filter, changed it and it started moving. Didn't move it far just back and forth on the trailer. I hit up parts store and got another spare just in case. Next place I went I started it up and it wouldn't move again. Changed filter and still wouldn't move. Took it home and was going to pull it to garage so started it so I could steer and it started working. Drove it to garage. Once in garage it stopped working again. I drain most of fluid and refilled. Didin't want to move. Then out of blue it did so I took it for a spin and it stopped again then min later moved 6 inches and stopped again. It is not grinding or anything. I can hear the fluid trying to flow or is flowing through valves when hitting the pedal. I look into the fill spot and the hyd fluid has lots of air bubbles. What could be going wrong? Clutch is fine from what I can tell. Gears don't grind when hitting petal and switching gears at same time so seems like it isn't turning anything in there. Sorry for the Book. Anyone have a hyd schematic for these?

2. Marek

Marek Senior Member

We used to have problems with guys jamming the high to low range leavers on them and braking the shifter forks inside the trans. Did you follow thru all the linkage to make sure it was tight?

3. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

I get out on a limb and say check hoses and connections should not be lots of air in system (air bubbles) hydro-static system won't drive on air. Is resivior up to level, once you are out working machine should not freeze up as hydro fluid should get pretty warm, could there be any water in system? Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

4. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Safety switch ? We had some mowers do that ?

5. fallapartphill

from Indiana

I was thinking it was linkage also but traced all of them and they are good plus it will move then not move so must be in gear. Fluid is full, I keep checking it like a broken record. Shouldn't be any water in it cause I put new fluid in it and did so after running salamander on it to thaw all snow/ice off of it. I will check hoses. I was wondering if maybe a bypass valve may be messed up but no clue where that would even be.

6. fallapartphill

from Indiana

Not sure about a safety switch because the pto will still work but I will look into that. My guess is that it will open a bypass if it is triggered?