1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kubota and snow pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by lfaulstick, Nov 20, 2010.

1. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

Hey guys, still kinda new around here posted a few times, and i have been searching old threads, and have read alot comparing the compact tractors and skid loaders with pushers, i already have a skid loader, but needed a tractor with cab thats why i went this route. So with that being said, i bought a 2010 kubota L3540 loader, ss quick attach bucket, with a 8ft skid steer snow pusher.

But i ordered and 8ft pusher for compact tractor, which the differance is the blade is not as high.

I dont know if the dealer just didnt listen or what, got me a 8ft erskine snow pusher, do you guys think the kubota will handle it? my machines weighs right close to 6000# with the loader and loaded tires, plus i am going to either put wheel weights or my 3pt concrete ballast on back for some more weight.

the longest push would be 250-350 feet.

so what do you guys think? i have been losing sleep over this for sometime

PLOWTIME Junior Member
    from ct

That is pushing the limits of a 35 hp tractor.The skid steer pusher is not just taller it is weighs more. I had an 8 compact pusher on my 40 hp kubota same set up as yours cab,loader,loaded tires,rear box blade and it worked but that was pushing all the time never more than 3 inches.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That's alot of force for those little loader arms, I am a Kubota fan but wrong application. I would talk to your dealer or better yet email him your concerns before the season starts. After something breaks guarranteed they'll cry "operator abuse".
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with Markus. Do you have a side shot of the machine?
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

That looks like its 4ft tall and tough to gage how deep it is but looks kind of big for that machine IMO.
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What I would be most concerned about, would be the fact the pusher is a steel edge w/ NO trip mechanism.
  7. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

IMO BAD combination way to big wrong pusher all together
  8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

soon to be a pretzel.....
  9. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I know of someone here who had a 6' pusher on a L5740 and he said that was kind of pushing it.
  10. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

i agree with everyone, i was not very impressed when thats what showed up, i think i am going to take it back on monday and have them order a compact model, we get a fair amount of snow here, but the contracts i have start at 2 inches and keep plowing until its done.

i will get a side shot tommorrow. and i was wondering about the no trip as well i like the steel edge, i didnt know much about the pushers
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

If there is no trip mech...I would suggest running rubber or urethane edges.
  12. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

You might try a front plow with wings along with a rear blade, That combination works well for me. An Ebling rear blade makes plowing with a tractor exciting

13. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

I have a New Holland TN55 (6500lbs without weight) and have a 10' pusher on it. It has been a great combination for me since I bought the pusher 6-7 years ago. Never have had any issues and have gone through two rubber edges and installing another this week. I run this machine most of the time and I have hit most everything in the lots we plow from curbs to catch basins while half asleep. I have a 1500# counter wieght and plow in high range unless I'm stacking with it. The guy I bought the pusher from said it was worthless since it had a skid mount.
  14. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

hey all just wanted to let everyone know that we had about 4 inches of wet heavy snow....and the tractor and pusher did extremely well, i was really impressed, i didn't have much time to take pictures as i was in the truck plowing trying to get everything opened up, but we got 4 or 5 hours on it and i was really impressed. i will get pics and vids next snow fall..this being first plow-able was kinda hectic, im sure everyone know what i mean ahah

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  15. KL3540

KL3540 Senior Member
    from Almont

Fast forward a few years. How did this setup work? Are you still using it? Did it handle that season? How did the tractor hold up?