1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kubota 4740 options

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Indy-South, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Indy-South

Indy-South Junior Member

We have a kubota 4740 and are looking at the options for setting it up for snow. We would like to primarily use it for condo drives. For you guys that run compact tractors, what do think the best option is to get the most out of this machine? Dealers keep steering me towards pushers but the loader arms and maneuverability concern me. I've read on different posts about a rear blade but have never seen one in action.

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

If there is garages at the end of the driveways I would say a front blade on the loader arms. Just run the angling off a 3rd function loader valve. Have one installed if you don't already have one. But if there aren't any garages at the end of the driveways, I would look at a pusher.

I have a 8' pusher that would be perfect for that tractor for sale. It is a 8' Pro-Tech compact bucket mount model. I used to run it on my L3240 before I traded it in for another M7040 and it handled fine. I only used the thing a couple times, its no different than a new one. Heres the link to the thread http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1085016#post1085016

Let me know if your interested

3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We have used an 8' pusher on a L5030 for a number of years coupled with an 8' back blade. It worked well. The loader arms are tweaked which substantiates concerns mentioned about the loader arms. The last two years we used the machine with a 8' back blade and a conventional Western front plow. We mainly used the machine to pull out drives in condos and used other equipment to clear the roadways.

4. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

we run a bobcat ct450 (50hp compact tractor) I had the same concerns about the loader arms which is why i did not put the box pusher on the front. I have a angle blade with wings on the front and it has worked very well. I have back blades on my trucks and love them but have not ordered one for the tractor yet b/c of cash-flo (to much flowing out and not enough flowing in) If you are doing almost all condo drives a back blade would pay for itself quickly.

good luck

5. Indy-South

Indy-South Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. MSU - What type of back blade are you running?

6. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

I have a 34hp New holland and I mounted a beefed up meyer 7.5 and a set of wings to a quick tatch plate so it will trip. I backdrag the garage doors and pile with this setup for about the last 3 yrs or so and I really like it. I find I don't need angling and backdragging is better for me than the rear plow because I'm mostly looking forward and my neck doesn't get sore. Especially at night because I only have to watch for lights when I change directions not actual vehicles like during the day.