1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Krown Rust Proofing + Winter

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by JimmyBoon, Dec 13, 2009.

1. JimmyBoon

JimmyBoon Junior Member

I know the people here have lots of experience with snow + salt, and other winter conditions. I was hoping to get a take on Krown rust proofing? I hear good and bad things about it depending on the location. Is there anyone who has tried the location here in Newmaket, Ontario, Canada? (Krown - Newmarket 1100A Davis Dr. Unit#32) Or a similar location nearby?

Is it worth it, or should I go to the dealership? :help:

Hopefully I don't get flamed for posting this somewhere its not supposed to go, but I thought this is a good place, because you have to keep your car/trucks from getting damage from winter conditions, much like keeping roads clear, so people don't get damaged from winter condition. (ramble ramble)

Thanks for your time and patience.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Find CET on here he's from your area.

3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

find the guy that does it at the dealer and get him to do it on the side. Most dealers charge 500-1000 dollars to do it and it cost about $115.

4. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I have had my truck done in the Concord, Richmond Hill and now at the Barrie location. All these shops seem good to me. A friend of mine who is a mechanic and lives in Newmarket gets his truck/cars done by Krown and I think it would be the place you are asking about, he seems happy with them. I think the stuff works fairly good and to me it is work the money to get it sprayed.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have never had my trucks rust sprayed. I have used Fluid Film and it seems to work great.