1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Komatsu wa250

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Ne1, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Does anyone run Komatsu loaders? Looking for feedback/ advice. I would also consider a John Deere 544k series as there's good dealer support for both units in my area.

2. 512high

512high Senior Member

you gave up on the 244j?

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

No, I'm still looking for a 244j. Can't seem to find that one that is remotely close to me under $70 grand. I've been renting a larger loader for the past few winters and decided this may be the time to buy a used one.

4. 512high

512high Senior Member

trust me I understand! Keep asking questions, I'm sure others know a lot etc. This is the time of year to buy....August slipping away fast

5. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Exactly, need to secure equipment now. Not sure about your area but used equipment around here is tough to find right now.

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I own a WA 250-1 Komatsu loader with a cummins engine and really like it . Not all the fancy electronics like the newer ones but easier to fix if needed. 4 speed transmission is fast and can plow in 3rd with 12 foot box.:nod:

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I ran a 2008 WA 250 Komatsu screening gravel and it was a nice machine. I've never ran a John Deere K series so, I can't compare the two. You can't beat a CAT loader IMO.

8. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I agree about the Cat but there pricey.

9. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious , Did you buy a Komatsu or John Deere ?