1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Komatsu wa180 questions????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DCS MN, Jan 13, 2010.

1. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Has anybody owned one of these machines?
    Any pro or cons?
    I have found a few at reasonable prices compared to other loaders of the same size and wondering if the are problems or weaknesses of this brand or size loader.
  2. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

just got rid of one this summer very nice little machine good luck
  3. blackdogdm

blackdogdm Junior Member

We currently have 2 WA-180's. They are a great size to get around obstacles fit into tight spaces. They weight approx. 20,000 lbs and can be hauled around on a tag trailer behind a dump truck. 2 to 2.5 yard buckets are standard. We have a JRB quick tach on one and use forks, brush rake and plow as well as the bucket.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

selling my 180 because bought a 250, both are excellent machines,love the cummins engines,180 is 3 speed 250 is 4 speed

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Komatsu Loaders are good. Also it seems that every piece of Komatsu equipment starts better than any other brand in the cold.
  6. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

had a 250. Simple cannot say enough good things about Komatsu product, service or support.

Their service network in comparable to Cat. Nobody else comes close to that. In terms of 24/7 support/parts, etc...

Many people seem to think poorly of Komatsu because they are not as popular. However, they have dominated in the mining industry and overseas for years.

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I have a Komatsu and 3 Cat loaders, all are great but the Cat has much better support and parts. I call cat and can get any part same day Komatsu I have had to wait up to a week for some parts...
  8. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

SMS, the local Komatsu dealer has always been good and never had to wait.

That said, cat does have an official 24h guarantee on parts.