1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Komatsu Wa 70-5 Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Hamster360, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Hamster360

Hamster360 Junior Member

I'm just looking for some opinions on this loader. It has nearly the same specs as a JD 244J but is only 2/3s the price with 1000 less hours.

I will either put a 8-13 HLA on it, or a 10 foot box.

Also, on a side not. I was originally looking at getting a back hoe instead, but in reality I have little to no use for either one in the summer time. So I am wondering if anyone rents out their wheel loaders in the summer, or where anyone can suggest I try to rent them to?

Thanks in advance

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

My loaders and skid sit all summer with the acceptation of loading stone stock piled at yard. The skid gets used in back filling a ditch sometimes. As well as the excavator, paver sit all winter. Would I like to rent them out in the summer probably not. They were purchased for the intention of moving snow.

You should be able to support the loader in your winter operations. Some guys load train cars etc with there loaders in the summer. Komatsu makes a very good loader.

3. Hamster360

Hamster360 Junior Member

If I was to be outright paying for these, it wouldn't bother me if they sit for the summer most of the time. Since I will be financing them, it just bothers me to be making a payment on something that is sitting around doing nothing. I wouldn't rent them out to just anybody though. I am also a sales manager for a paving company, so I know lots of other contractors that I would feel comfortable renting to.

In the end though, this was more of a "what do you think about this loader" thread more than anything else. So far the 2 people I've talked to and one person now on here say they're pretty good.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Komatsu makes a nice loader. We borrow a Wa-200 from time to time and I enjoy running it