1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Komatsu WA-50

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cold_and_tired, Nov 10, 2011.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have any experience with the little Komatsu loader? I can lease one cheaper than I can a skid.

I'm thinking the visibility will be a lot better than a skid not to mention traction and comfort level.

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a new loader? If so, they'll out plow a skidloader anyday! Not really up on komatsu brand, however most new machines are fairly nice now!

3. cold_and_tired

I don't think it's a very new model. It has about 40 hp and weighs around 8,000 lbs. It will be used as a detail machine and will have a 8-10' blade on it.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

8000 lbs sounds good but only 40 HP?? I think a s150 has more than that. Might be ok for detail work but I would think it
    Would suck for any heavy pushing.

5. cold_and_tired

I've got it being delivered for a demo...whenever it snows next. The machine will have a 10' blade, not a pusher on it. It will play the role of "back drag everything and get the lot prepped for the backhoe pusher." It's not a mass snow mover per se.

It has a top speed of 12 mph so it's very similar to a two speed skid. The other thing that concerns me is that it is hydrostatic although it says it has a selectable speed range. I've operated a little Deere loader that was hydrostatic and I didn't like it very much.