1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kohls snow removal. I'm shocked at what US Maintenance offered me!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve b, Oct 24, 2006.

1. steve b

steve b Member

We signed on with US Maintenance because we do the whole mall. We negotiated @17% more than their first offer but it was still about @40% less than what we invoiced Kohls last year. I guess I'm part of the problem but it would have made the mall difficult to plow if we lost it. PM me if you had this same problem. Has anyone been able to get even last years pricing out of them.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Well, I just hope I'm out of the way enough that the national companies don't what to fool with this area for a few years. I've gotten some RFPs from one, but the accounts were too far away for me.

3. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

I do the Kohls with US maintence as well and other accounts. The pricing they gave me was for seasonal, so if it dosent snow you still get paid. I usually have 50/50 on all my accounts to cover my butt. They pay O.K. i negotiated a 10 percent increase but they give me alot of work and I always get paid. I work with 5 other facilities maintence companies always return a phone call and do it right and they will pay you. i am rated 5 star with all of them and every year they call me and love the work. The pay is usually 25 percent then what i would charge but I am not chasing the accounts. I have plowed for the same companie for 7 years with 5 different management companies. Once they leave, the store managers love me so much they call me once the contract is up or they remember me. Bets buy mine now CVS Mine now Beverly nursing homes the list goes on. I love management companies they love me.

4. steve b

steve b Member

Steve, my contract is seasonal too. I just won't be able to service it like I used to.

5. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

I jinked my self

Guess what. I was all sighned up with US maintence to do the Kohls site in Kent, Ohio they even called me out to do the first salting but never froze, and 1 week ago they informed me they have a perferred vender for both of my sites. Sounds like a breech of contract. I am going to call the president tomorrow and tell him what I think of it:gunsfiring:

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

U.S Maintenace sucks they always have always will.Do a search on them alot feel the same way.

RCGM
    Brad