1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kodiak/Topkick Plows????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by srl28, Jan 18, 2009.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Looking to Throw a plow, just a regular straight blade, on our 2004 Chevy 4500. Its diesel with the allison auto but its only 4x2 not 4x4. If anyone has a picture of their topkick or Kodiak with a plow on it? Ive seen em on here but cant find them now. What manufacturers make plows for this truck? will the 4x2 do well enough in the snow with weight in the back to be worth while? Thanks guys
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Put a couple ton in back it will work. As for plow Blizzard, Fisher and Hinker make them. PLus I am sure a lot more
  3. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Don't forget about Boss too.
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There is the Western Pro Contractor, too.
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Ask and you shall receive !!!
    Western pro Plus 9' - plowing machine if you have about 2 tons of weight in the back. We have two of them and they can move some snow

superior109 012 (Small).jpg
  6. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

A 4x4 5500 with a 12' aluminium body + V-box and a 9.5' MVP+ Western would be so solid.

2wd will be fine, throw a scoop of gravel/sand and you're good to go. Will you salt with this truck too?
  7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

We may, if not we ll put a nice jersey block in there or something like that for weight. May be salting with a small tailgate salter on a ford 350 pickup depending on whats required. Thanks for the help and those pics! Any more?
  8. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

I have a western 9' HD for sale would fit very nicely
  9. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

That was my next question. What size plow would you recommend?? These arent huge lots so nothin too massive, not likin the blizzard or anything bigger like that but i'm open to ideas.
  10. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

I have a 9.5 foot Fisher V on my 4WD Topkick. I find it useless to push a large quantity of snow unless it is in 4WD. In smaller lots, it should do fine as long as the back is weighted. Our 2WD crew cab topkick is 4X2 and after the first year, we haven't bothered putting the plow back on it. It's just not that efficient for plowing.