1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kodiak replacement?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sven1277, Jan 23, 2010.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Does anyone know if GM has anything in the works for a class 4/5 now that the midsize division has been sold? A 5500 on the Siveraldo chasis with more front ground clearence would be very nice.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

They did not sell it off. they quit making them beacuse of poor sales.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I heard too they just stopped making them because they weren't selling

4. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I'm not sure but, that would make sense since Ford and Dodge both have 4500/5500 trucks on their pick up platform, a 4500 Silverado would be a bad a$$ truck!!!!!

5. Silverado_guy07

Silverado_guy07 Member

That would be wicked. 5500HD silverado, I spoke to my local dealer he said its more that likely for 2012/13

My insurance company won't insure me on a F550 anyways.
    They say it to heavy for me. Maybe next year

6. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I still want a 4500 or 5500 topkick or kodiak dump. 4x4 with a duramax or a CAT diesel!

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

They were supposed to sell their medium duty line to penske, but the deal never went through. As far as the CAT, i know we would all love one but starting this year the only ones you'll be able to get are in a boat, generator, or heavy equipment. I would love to see a 5500hd though (solid front axle??)

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I sure hope they start making the 4500/5500's again- I had my heart set on getting a red 5500 4x4 DMax/Allison with a 14' landscape dump on it when I graduate college!

9. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Those are quite popular in my area, they are very nice looking rigs.

10. Monte

Monte Junior Member

The commercial truck manager at my dealership told me that at the last northeast truck meeting in Atlantic City, they were making a truck inbetween 12,000 gvw and 18,5000 gvw. It would be 2012 or 2013. The 2011 HD trucks are supposed to have heavier front and rear springs, that would be able to hold the heavier plows. All of the articles I found talk about a new chassis.

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Well, the 2011 HD's will be revealed in February at the Chicago Auto Show, so I would assume plenty of information will be available, and there could be word on a 4500-5500 if they have developed any at all.

12. OshkoshMan

OshkoshMan Junior Member