1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kodiak C4500 Duramax Diesel w/ boss plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by badabing1512, Oct 24, 2010.

1. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Alright guys, like it says, we just bought a 2003 Chevy Kodiak C4500 with the duramax allison. Trucks a work horse, has a 10ft boss straight blade (might be for sale, might go with a 10ft V). Ill get pics up soon. We are getting a new salter for it, either 5yd smith or smith under tailgate, not sure yet stillup in the air.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so is their any pics?

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

see there ^^

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

why even post about it in the pic section if you dont have pics of it to post? jumped the gun alittle???

5. badabing1512

The pics are on my camera and im having problems with the memory card, for the time being well just admire the trucks in your sig since I cant get them up yet :laughing:

6. badabing1512

Kodiak C4500 Duramax.jpg C4500 Duramax

Kodiak C4500 Duramax.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  7. badabing1512

Ill get more pics up soon, that was the only one I had on my phone

8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I like it! How Much?????

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. A 10' Boss V and a 5 yard speader will be awsome on it.

10. badabing1512

Got a good deal
    For sure, were debating now, not sure about the under tailgate or 5yd smith dual electric, booth have advantages and disadvantages, were still 50/50 on them. If we are able to wash out the dump bed after each time we salt an undertailgate it is but right now were looking at the 5yd smith. Anyone have any other input? :)

11. as81808

as81808 Junior Member
    from NJ

if u decided to sell the 10ft might be interested.

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Have you ever used an undertailgate before. I hate them. If you have multiple sites to do they are real slow.

Is your dump PTO or electric over hydraulic.

13. badabing1512

PTO, and thats the thing, i dont have any experience with undertailgates, only v boxes and i dont have any good reason to switch, i know i wont be dissappointed with a 5yd dual electric

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I can't tell by the picture but if your pivot point for the dump isn't at the very back of the box then the spinner will hit the ground before the box is all the way up. A replacement tailgate spreader is better but you need to have the box up quite far to get the salt to dump.

I have a C6500 with the same plow as yours and I took it in last week to get the hydraulics put on it. I will be using a V box for sure.

15. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

They are? How come? I figure they would be just as fast as a v box....?

16. badabing1512

Ill let you know what we decide to do

17. badabing1512

I think your thinking of a replacement tailgate salter

18. robjets

robjets Member

I'd be interested in plow if selling

19. badabing1512

Id take 2500 for the plow if we decide to sell it

20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There is not material always ready to spread. As you use the salt you have to keep raising the box. Even if you drive with the box up to allow material to flow back there seems to be gaps. When you drive from 1 site to another you have to raise the box when you get to the next site before you can start to spread. With a V box you just pull in and go. I have had an under tailgate for 2 years and I will never own another.

Some guys love them.