1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kobelco wheel loader w/ 14' Protech

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by HLS Wholesale, Jan 4, 2003.

1. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

I have a 1987 Kobelco LK300A Wheel loader. I think it's a 2 1/2 yd bucket. I paid $17,000 for it 1 year ago at an auction. I just put $4500 into it to bring it up to real nice condition (Brakes mainly)...I talked to the guy who sold it at auction and he said it was really taken care of well and I got a good deal. I have it at a job site right now waiting for snow, but I really don't need it.

The Protech plow I bought 2 years ago for $4200. It had/has a small gash in the face metal...looks like they hit something with a sharp corner. But nothing to worry about. Aside from that, it's in perfect condition with the chains to attach to a loader bucket. This thing plows snow like nothing else I have. The job I have it on went from 21 manhours to 8 manhours with this equipment.

I've inherited a newer Case wheel loader w/ a 16' avalanche from a different joint venture that went bust. So I really don't need both of these, so I'm selling the Kobelco/Protech.

Make me an offer. Patton Tractor is coming to take a look today, so let me know soon! I'll get some pics ASAP.

Dan Norton
    Chicago Subs.